PDA

View Full Version : awesome meeting

Ropdoc
11-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Hello all,

I aplolgize if this is the wrong place to post this. But I am to excited to think. I met with a manufacturer lastnight that wants to expand their product line. And he wants me to cut clocks for him. He will assemble. I just cut, sand and finish. And this is just the start. He wants to include desk sets the have pens and so on. He was so excited he was shaking.

So I'm sitting here thinking OH NO what did I do. But I am in the shop making 3 different samples for him.

I almost gaveup but looking back and seeing where God is sending me and how awesome all of you are in supporting each other. I know this is right.

THANK YOU !!
Dave

CNC Carver
11-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Congradulations hope things work out and your going into mass production for him. Good Luck!

liquidguitars
11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright said the most important thing is to get the job when asked about design.

chief2007
11-07-2012, 09:41 AM
That is great news to hear - Keep the faith and good luck

mtylerfl
11-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Dave,

That is very exciting news! Congratulations and I wish you all success in this new venture!

ladjr
11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Congrats. That is great news. I'm glad your hard work is paying off

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

Bigtyme
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Way to go, Dave!! That is super news. I hope it works out very well for you....

Digitalwoodshop
11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
IF I still lived in Southern California I would be doing "Apple" based Clocks and stuff for the Tourist Destination of Julian, CA... With the large population of Military in that end of California and Julian being the Tourist Destination with the Old Town Feel with MANY small shops selling "Apple" Based tourist products.... Generally Speaking, the Large Military Population has slightly more "Disposable Income" then many....

Good Luck with your Wholesale Project. You can always adjust UP your price as you calculate the "Real" cost to make the material with Machine Wear and Tear, Material, Labor, and Electricity. I have been down this road and price is important.... I was so excited for the work I under bid my actual cost... and lost money.... see picture...

I even contacted Klock Kit about supplying Raw Wooden Carved Clock Blanks for the Catalog but the price offered was below cost of material....

Good Luck, I wish you the Best !!!!

AL

Last picture shows a Vintage Picture of our Good CW Buddy ChrisAlb who helped me deliver the Fire Trophies to the County Fair that night in 2008.

bluecobra
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
That's Awesome! I wish you all the best!

rcdages
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Dave,

So so pleased to hear your good good news. You will do fine.

It sounds as this could really grow in to something really big for you.

It is offen hard for us to see were God wants us. Due to us, looking at eveything with our eyes, not God eyes.
As we view time, God view time in his time frame, not what we think it should be.

Take care and the very best on your path.

b.sumner47
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Dave, Thanks for letting us share your good news. Getting your foot in the door is a great step. Goodluck and many piles of sawdust to you.

Capt Barry

Ropdoc
11-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you all for your uplifting support. I want to show pics of what I am making. But the company wants sole ownership. At least for now.