11-07-2012, 02:43 AM
We really need a pattern viewer!!

CW-HAL9000
11-07-2012, 02:57 AM
I totally agree!

WoodenWizard
11-07-2012, 06:17 AM

One that lets us see the patterns in a file window. Much needed.

Dave

bjbethke
11-07-2012, 08:53 AM

I save all my patterns on CD/DVD's or SD chips. I save the MPC, PTN, MPW the - & + grayscale image and a screen print of the MPC image. I use Windows XP and when I open a CD window in Thumbnails, I can see the folder images. See attached photos. If you need some samples PM me your e-mail.

CW-HAL9000
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
BJ looks like you did things right from the beginning but I think a lot of us took patterns from the forum and even patterns we made ourselves and for me even scans and didn't do what you did so now we have lots and lots of patterns without any JPEG's or anything else to look at them.

bjbethke
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
BJ looks like you did things right from the beginning but I think a lot of us took patterns from the forum and even patterns we made ourselves and for me even scans and didn't do what you did so now we have lots and lots of patterns without any JPEG's or anything else to look at them.

I download lots of patterns from the Forum that I did not make, it is easy to put them in folders. It does take extra time to do that. I sort them and only save the ones I can use. I like to save these files in a USB External Drive, I can add and remove data in this format. When I find time with nothing to do, I work on that.

I go to second hand stores and look for old Lap Tops that may not work, some time I get them for free. In Yellville, Arkansas you need to pay to get rid of that stuff.

roughcut
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
A couple years ago a guy by the name of Robert Briggs came up with a program called File Pick it was a program to save our patterns along with a picture when you clicked on the picture the pattern automatically loaded into the CW pattern editor . I have tried to find him on the internet with no success I still have the program and some day I hope to organize my patterns and make use of File Pic. The reason I lost contact with Robert was because I had a heart attack and had my aortic valve replaced and a triple bypass and was out of commission for a while. My body hasn't slowed down as much as my mind has. And I mean it is slow. There was some one else on the forum at the time that was also talking to Robert maybe he will remember about the program and add some more information. I will add a photo snip of the program

bergerud
03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Look what I found!

http://www.rsbriggs.com/fp/index.html

lynnfrwd
03-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Sadly, Robert lost a battle with cancer the end of last summer. His patterns and contributions to our forum carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk