PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, Nov 7th

kennelmaster
11-03-2012, 02:22 PM
MY CW is supposed to be delivered... Work bench built, projects lined up, Woooo Hooooo!
:D:D:D:D

chief2007
11-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Good news to here - take your time with the set up and your first project. Be sure to post pictures

fwharris
11-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Congratulations! Take some time and read through the tips and tricks newsletters, view the on line tutorials and ask away here!!

badbert
11-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I would suggest you do all the maintenance checks. Make sure to lube the flex shaft. make sure head pressure is good. Make sure calibration is good. etc.

ladjr
11-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Congatulations. I hope you will enjoy as much as I have. You are only limited by your imagination

cestout
11-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I agree with the Maint. suggestion. The new C I used at the WW Show in Pomona, CA last year ran hot from the start. When I received my new C this spring, lube the shaft was the first think I did. Watch the rollers also. I had problems on my new C. Replaced one and WD40ed the rest. Now after regular lubing and running both my old B and newer C are running slick as snot.
Clint

easybuilt
11-03-2012, 07:20 PM
That is awesome! You will enjoy your machine.

b.sumner47
11-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Welcome Aboard ! Boy , I like saying that. Your in for alot of fun, if you have any questions feel to ask on the CarveWright Forum. Again, WELCOME ABOARD !

Capt Barry

kennelmaster
11-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks to all for the gracious comments and great suggestions... While I want to start breaking bits right away, maintenance and calibration will have to take the lead. I suspect that my start-up will be slowed by the fact that my future X-wife (been calling her that for over 20 years) wants a 15X45 loafing shed built for the horses and the materials will be arriving at about the same time as the CW. Here in NW Ouisconsin, building days are soon to be over due to climate. So, work during daylite, play in the shop with the CW at nite, and try to fit in my on-call schedule the rest of the time. I can sleep when I'm dead!

Thanks all,

PJS

Bigtyme
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Congratulations on the new machine. I have to echo the comments on reading as much in advance as possible and follow the manuals. You will get more out of your CW and have a lot less problems. I also understand the balancing act with short construction seasons. I was born and raised less than two hours from you just into Mee-shaw-gun about 18 miles from the pond. Our areas are some of the few where parents have to choose Halloween costumes that fit over snowmobile suits :) ....