PDA

View Full Version : stuck cable

lonewolf
11-03-2012, 06:01 AM
went to remove cable for lubrication and the end in the motor will not come out??

PCW
11-03-2012, 07:19 AM
As a last resort try removing the whole flex cable. What you need to do is loosen the set screw (top of cable end on the motor) and give the cable a quarter turn with a pull and it should come out. The quarter turn is to release a keyed slot on the motor.

mtylerfl
11-03-2012, 01:14 PM
went to remove cable for lubrication and the end in the motor will not come out??

I had this happen once. I called Tech Support and talked to Chris Rawls. He suggested pliers on the squared/exposed end and pull hard. Well, that worked like a champ. After the flex core was out, I noticed on the end that goes into the cut motor had become very slightly rounded (less square than the top hat end of the flexcore). I think that was what sort of "wedged" it in the cut motor end - my own guess, anyway.

Being the cheapskate I am, rather than replace the flexcore (which is what I would have advised somebody else), I gently and carefully pounded that end "square" again on my vise/anvil before reinserting it. By golly - that worked too.

I made a post about all that quite some time ago...two or three years ago? I don't know - maybe you could find my original post if you search the forum. In any case, it is still working fine (running right now, in fact!) and I've never had to actually use my spare flexcore. (It's in the same drawer as a cover switch and board sensor I've never had to replace either.)