PDA

View Full Version : error code 398

poplbyit
01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi. I am a new proud owner of this machine. I have been experimenting with my own designs plus vector 3D. I finished up a project yesterday, and was moving on to the next one (an hour later), when this error code popped up. I can not do a thing, because the board sensor won't read the board. I have cleaned the board sensor & the edge sensor, still no go. I left the machine sit over night off and unplugged. Powered it up today and the same thing happens. I tryed the shine a light idea, the power it up with the rollers down idea, still nothing. Any more ideas???
I would appreciate any help, I want to get carving again. (Oh, I also made sure the white ribbon wire was securely plugged in).

HELP!!!

Thanks

Jeff_Birt
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
In the back of the manual there is a procedure for testing the board sensor. You turn on machine, press 0 then 7 and scroll to the correct sensor, you'll have to refer to the manual for the specifics as I don't remember the rest. ALso, you did not mention anything about your board. If it is rally dark or has knots etc. the board sensor might have fits.

poplbyit
01-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm using pine with no flaws. I just tried the manual check again - the readings are not good. with a board in the machine i get a reading of 1 to 3. without a board of course, 0. when i place my hand underneath the board sensor and try that check the reading is 0 no matter what i do. i guess when a tech calls back (tonight or tomorrow) i will need a sensor. we only have 10 hours cut time on the machine. my husband is not a happy camper. oh well.

thanks again.

benluz
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Hello, the infra red sensor under and behind the cutting bit has dust buid up on top of the plastic cover, call carve right and get a new one they are a little stroger and are sealed better to prevent dust from getting behind the sensor lense , in the mean time if you want to take 2 screws out and un-plug the sensor and pop the cover off and take out the little plastic cover and clean it good,it should bring your readings back up above 100 and that will work except for dark woods.
Ben