PDA

View Full Version : Paypal ??

Ropdoc
10-31-2012, 10:05 AM
What do you folks think about having PAYPAL as a form of payment for things on this site. I use paypal for other things without issue. But maybe I do not understand all of the fee structure. It is just that it would make things so much easier for me to purchase here. But it is because of not having Paypal that I have not purchased much out of the store.

Just tossing the idea out there to consider.

Thank you for your time,
Dave

fwharris
10-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Dave,

What I've done with my PayPal account is added a debit card so I can use my funds to purchase from any site or business. I doubt LHR will add PayPal payment options to their site do to the added fees.

bergerud
10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I hope they add Paypal. I think they would sell more spare parts to people if it is easier for people to buy. It might just be good for business.

chief2007
10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Dave,

What I've done with my PayPal account is added a debit card so I can use my funds to purchase from any site or business. I doubt LHR will add PayPal payment options to their site do to the added fees.

+1 on that

fwharris
10-31-2012, 10:59 AM
+1 on that

And you even get a % back!!! Not much but heck anything is better than none at all!!

henry1
10-31-2012, 11:12 AM
I have been with paypal now 16 yrs and have learn alot from them, if you pay LHR, paypal takes .02.9% of the amount .030 also on the amount I think that is why LHR will not go with paypal they would lose money, who am I to say, I would like it also if they went with paypal
Henry

Ropdoc
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Dave,

I don't know how to do that. So to understand I would have a credit card number to plug into the store website, but it comes from my Paypal account. Is that the way it would work? I do not use credit cards. I got rid of them. My wife got us in such deep debt that we almost lost everything when the economy tanked. I am still working on recovering from that.

fwharris
10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't know how to do that. So to understand I would have a credit card number to plug into the store website, but it comes from my Paypal account. Is that the way it would work? I do not use credit cards. I got rid of them. My wife got us in such deep debt that we almost lost everything when the economy tanked. I am still working on recovering from that.

Yes the debit card is linked to your paypal account. Info here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card
(https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card)

fwharris
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
You can also add money to your account faster my using a green dot money pak card instead of waiting for a transfer from your banking account

https://www.moneypak.com/paypal/AddFunds.aspx there is a small fee, $5.00) when you purchase the card.

ladjr
10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
I have used Paypal for 10 years and never had a problem

James RS
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes the debit card is linked to your paypal account. Info here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card
(https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card)

How would I use the debit here? Do I need to have it physically in hand?

bergerud
10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Paypal has to get the money from somewhere if there is no money in your paypal account. Once you have it setup, you just use Paypal and Paypal automatically takes your money from either a credit card or a bank account (the debit).

Ropdoc
10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
I sell on Ebay and consult and get paid thru Paypal. I just was not aware of the debt card.

Smoken D
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm the few, will never use paypal. I opened an account with paypal a few years back, the next day I had charges for big purchases in Germany which I did not make. Even charges for money conversion. The credit union took care of the charges and of course had to get a new credit card. I don't make that many purchases over the internet and was no doubt something happen at paypal. Fool me once, won't fool me again if I can help it.

fwharris
10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
How would I use the debit here? Do I need to have it physically in hand?

James,

Once approved through PayPal they will issue you a debt card that is linked to your PayPal account. It works just like and debt card in that you do have to have funds in your PayPal account. Yes it can be linked/tied to one of your current credit cards or bank accounts so that if you do not have enough funds in your PayPal account it will draw funds from them. I choose to NOT have any of the above linked to the card as a security measure. My card did get hacked once, no clue how, but after calling PayPal to report the fraudulent charge they stopped/canceled my card, issued a new one and reversed the charge.

I add fund if needed by purchasing one of the greendot cards, add what amount needed/wanted to the dot card and then through PayPal transfer the funds into my account. The greendot card costs $4.95 and only cash funds can be used to add the amount needed. No credit cards.