PDA

View Full Version : Definitions/Glossary

kennelmaster
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Has anyone put together a glossary of terms used in the Carvewright world.

People refer to things like MDF and Pocket Cuts but to us newbies it's that "thing-a ma- jig" and "you know, that stuff".

Any direction towards learning this new language from accomplished linguists would be appreciated.

Keep your thoughts and prayers to the East Coast for "Sandy".

Paul

fwharris
10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Paul,

Great question and good point! I thought there was one of sorts out there but all I could find was one that describes to "tools" in designer.

If you have not done so I would start with the tips and tricks newsletters http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/tutorials/tips-tricks/
I would say the terminology/language used in them is generally the same we use (or try to :oops:) here in the forum. Also familiarize your self with the machine parts description from the manual and maintenance documents http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/maintenance/

SharonB
10-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Gosh Floyd! Do you mean that thing-a-ma-jig I've been carving really has a another name?

Paul... if you read the Tips and Tricks like Floyd suggested and participate in the forum it won't take long and you'll be talking like the rest of us. One thing is for sure there is always someone here that can help with almost any problem you might run across... you just have to ask.

Edit: Except your question about a list... I don't think there is such a thing.

chebytrk
10-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Maybe someone can make a DO-MA-FLETCHIE list. LOL

Mike1
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know if such a list or glossary was ever started? I thought I came across one last year but have not been able to find it again.

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 01:38 PM
when you learn the cavewright, you'll start learn the words when I first started everyone was speaking GREEK I did'nt know what they was talking now I've learned greek...lol

dbemus
03-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Well the swear words be included in this glossary??? lol

dbemus

Mugsowner
03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Swear words are very hard to put in, as one can have many definitions and take up a lot of space, as least from what I've seen or heard