PDA

View Full Version : Depth of cut issue

Lucky13
01-31-2007, 08:04 AM
I have been trying to do the Last Supper, I have my depth of cut set to .250 on a 1" board. Everything start great, then at approximently 30% cut mark the bit cuts all the way through the board. Is it because of saw dust build-up?

dcozort
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
no mine did the same thing... I tried everything to correct it.... I am starting to know this machine 90% better than I did... Do a sensor check as well as all connections... My guess is a bad z-truck motor... Call carvewright they will send you another more than likely. Its easy to replace... They'll want you to send back the old one to repair they know the problem.... Dennis

Skyhawk
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Hmmm, I had this problem over the weekend, and I was able to reproduce it fairly easily...

I had a board 4" x 48" with a simple pattern...about 20 minutes into the carve, I lifted the lid to remove the dust...within 5 minutes the bit had cut through the wood and was carving into the sliding guide plate.

I reset the system and reloaded a new piece and tried again, again stopping the system about 20 minutes in to vacuum the dust. THis time instead of carving all the way through the wood, I noticed that it was trying to carve an inch above the wood!

Software glitch or sensor issue???

menewfy
02-05-2007, 08:51 AM
sounds like an encoding issue call cw they will most likely send you out a part.