PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Edges on cutout

nuchie
10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
How can i get the edges not to be jagged? I want to smooth the cutout around the patch.

cnsranch
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Looks like that's the way the project is designed - WYSIWYG.....

If you can post the mpc, we can take a look at it.

Dan-Woodman
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Trace around it with a vector line and choose a ballnose bit or even a straight bit or any bit to outline the project.
Daniel

Bigtyme
10-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I suspect the patch was scanned to create the pattern and the jagged edges are a result of the threads on the edges of the patch....

nuchie
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
How can i get the edges not to be jagged? I want to smooth the cutout around the patch.

Here is the file

nuchie
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I downloaded it from their site.

fwharris
10-25-2012, 11:15 AM
The other are right in that your image brought into designer has rough edges. These need to be smoothed out in another program before bringing it into designer. Also noted that the image has lots of sharp peaks. These to need to be smoothed out also.

nuchie
10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Where is the vector line? Maybe a dumb question.

nuchie
10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
The other are right in that your image brought into designer has rough edges. These need to be smoothed out in another program before bringing it into designer. Also noted that the image has lots of sharp peaks. These to need to be smoothed out also.

What program do you recommend?

fwharris
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
What program do you recommend?

I use paint.net (photo editing and it is free) and the pattern editor software. Most times these peaks can be smoothed out with a small amount of blur done to the image. The peaks are the noise (different colors) in the image. You can also make the area one color to remove them.

nuchie
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
I use paint.net (photo editing and it is free) and the pattern editor software. Most times these peaks can be smoothed out with a small amount of blur done to the image. The peaks are the noise (different colors) in the image. You can also make the area one color to remove them.

I DL the paint.net install and ran. Where did it go. How do I open it?

NEVER MIND i GOT IT

fwharris
10-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I DL the paint.net install and ran. Where did it go. How do I open it?

NEVER MIND i GOT IT

Good to see you got it down loaded. You will have a bit of a learning curve but they do have a forum area and tutorials to help you a long. One thing that helps me with using a image like the one you are working with (low resolution) is to got the the IMAGE tab and RE SIZE to increase the resolution. Also save the image as a .PNG file.

bjbethke
10-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Here is the file

One of the reasons is the image was made from an FD Arm Patch. I find using Line drawings work the best. It works best to adjust the Grayscale to control the “Z” truck.

I use Photoshop CS6 to clean and adjust the image and then run it through a program called ShaderMap Pro. It is a fast and easy program to use. I make my PTN and MPW files with the Pattern Editor.