PDA

View Full Version : pattern editor help please

lynchburgbull
10-24-2012, 11:26 PM
I have scanned 2 objects into the editor. One is a fantasy knife, the other a log......ok a small log. The video i have found hasnt been any help. I need to know how to turn the knife into a 2 sided carving. I cleaned it up a small bit in the editor. have no idea how to bring it up in the design software. Could someone , if you have time please turn it into a 2 sided carving for me. Im trying to hit a deadline of Sat. evening. Ill keep plugging along to see if I can figure it out.
just noticed on the scan file that i ate part of the knife. not sure if it can still be used or not. Ill rescan tomorrow if it will help. let me know.

the second issue is .........all i want to do is put text on the scan of this log. Again i dont know how to save it from editor over to design software. when i search for it in pattern files its there but when i click it it still comes up in editor.

I would like to give a thank you shout to Steve Price in Saginaw. He has been a big help before and after I have recieved my machine.

I just got the machine last week and so far with his help its going well, or so he tells me it is....lol

Thanks for the help folks
I appreciate it
Greg

badbert
10-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Try this one! I made 1t 16" x 4".

badbert
10-25-2012, 12:19 AM
And this one!

lynchburgbull
10-25-2012, 01:24 AM
thanks I appreciate it, ill do a run on it in the morning. cant wake the neighbors at 130am......lol

badbert
10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
I have a "bomb Shelter" I keep my machine in, just for that reason. When the door is closed, you can barely here it.

Alan Malmstrom
10-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Here is a Fantacy Knife I recreated.

You simply click the pattern in the Pattern list and then click on the board where you want to place it. To put text on something you can change the merge style to additive or subtractive.

fwharris
10-25-2012, 10:34 AM
I have scanned 2 objects into the editor. One is a fantasy knife, the other a log......ok a small log. The video i have found hasnt been any help. I need to know how to turn the knife into a 2 sided carving. I cleaned it up a small bit in the editor. have no idea how to bring it up in the design software. Could someone , if you have time please turn it into a 2 sided carving for me. Im trying to hit a deadline of Sat. evening. Ill keep plugging along to see if I can figure it out.
just noticed on the scan file that i ate part of the knife. not sure if it can still be used or not. Ill rescan tomorrow if it will help. let me know.

the second issue is .........all i want to do is put text on the scan of this log. Again i dont know how to save it from editor over to design software. when i search for it in pattern files its there but when i click it it still comes up in editor.

I would like to give a thank you shout to Steve Price in Saginaw. He has been a big help before and after I have recieved my machine.

I just got the machine last week and so far with his help its going well, or so he tells me it is....lol

Thanks for the help folks
I appreciate it
Greg

Greg,

What I do when bringing up a scan into PE for the first time is to save the art work (MPW file) as the original. I do not recall if PE/Designer set up the ART WORK folder automatically or if I did that to save all my scan files to for easier finding. Now when working with the scan and making any edits I always save these edits as another name so that I do not loose the original scan. This way if you do not like your edits you can go back to the original to start over.

When done editing and you want to see how it looks/works in designer, use FILE - SAVE TO PATTERN LIBRARY. This will put your new pattern into the favorites file in designer so that you can now set up a new project and use the pattern. If you save as a pattern and then try to open that pattern the software will see that you are the owner of it and will always open it into the PE. You can though right click on the favorite list and import the pattern into designer.

chief2007
10-25-2012, 10:36 AM
That turned out great Alan,

I built him a project file and emailed it to him this morning. I have been helping him get started with his carvings, He is doing well for only 1 week with the machine.
Between Badbert's project and your pattern, he should be in pretty good shape.

Steve

lynchburgbull
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone Ill post a pic or two when i get them done. Nice to have help with this, thanks again