PDA

View Full Version : Q for anyone that shipped back a machine

Shawn Gillies
01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
When your replacement or repaired machine was sent back to you did you receive an e-mail or ANY conformation that your machine was being shipped back to you with or without a tracking number?

I was told mine was being shipped last Friday and i haven't heard a thing about it and my e-mails are going unanswered.

Shawn Gillies

Bill
01-31-2007, 08:51 AM
I did receive an e-mail from LHR that my machine was being shipped back also conformation from DHL (SHIPPER) with a tracking number.
Bill.

HerbO
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I checked out my tracking number and seen that the CW made it to the shop on the 29th. Hoping it will be fix and on its way back soon.
Bard if you happen to see my machine give it a couple love taps for good luck :D

The Bard
01-31-2007, 05:56 PM
oh, that was YOUR machine? *puts away hammer*

umm, sure., no prob. :?

Shawn Gillies
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
edited

Jeff_Birt
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Shawn, I took a look through old posts as I was just curious as to what all problems you have had (maybe a heads up for whats to come on my machine). But I'm confused...first you say this

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there an update kit we betas can get because i spent three days last week trying to clear bit sensor...my optic glass came off and my mirror (which i've never seen before) is gone, so i used a piece of tin foil and it works now.
This seems to be an ongoing problem and i sure would be interested in getting the upgrade for mine.

SG

and later you say this...

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:23 pm Post subject: CW Machine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i contacted CW and there was a bit of confusion as they thought i was shipping my machine back and i was waiting for a return message. I was going to request a refund but would have settled for a new machine. I purchased my machine last March (or around that time) and between waiting for parts or repairing/trying to fix various error messages i have only been able to run the CarveWright for about 25 hours. During that time i have ruined some very valuable wood that i had put aside for special projects. I felt guilty at first openly complaining but it got to the point that i had spent my day off repairing the machine only to load a project and have ANOTHER problem. Thinking that explaining this to CW i would have been offered a new machine but i am going to get a "refurbished" one. Now i'm not sure how many hours this refurbished model will have run but i'm fairly certain that it will have more hours than mine if the postings on the message board are any indication, so i'm not overjoyed by any means. I think i'll ask them if i can hold on to mine for awhile so i atleast have a spare parts source. Maybe this machine will function to the level i expected my original to run at. I am not the type of person to demean or bash anyone but i really have had a very bad experience with this whole deal. I have been a MillWright for over 30 years installing and repairing machinery from conveyors to robotics and i have been part of alot of initial setups of equipment and expect a few bugs but this is one for the books. When i ordered i asked if i was a BETA tester and was assured that this was in production and beta tests were done. I never would have purchased knowing i was a tester. I get PAID to test. Now i'm laid up with a bad back and would love to be able to try a few of the many projects that i had planned. Sorry for being so long winded here but i just need to vent.
IF the refurbished machine turns out to work well then i will look forward to posting some of my completed projects and will put this experience behind me. I will update how things turn out in a few weeks after the machine arrives.

Shawn Gillies

so what's the deal? I'm all for a forum to share experiances (good and bad) so everyone can make an informed decisons, but that requires the mfg to allow frank conversations (which I think CW does) and the participants to be honest. Perhaps, you were only 'confused' when you said you were a beta tester and then said you were not. I don't know. I hope that you can work out an amicable solution though.