PDA

View Full Version : Error code E12-0303

CarveWright_Authority
10-24-2012, 02:54 PM
I cant seem to find any info on error code E12-0303 in the listings. I was 7 minutes into the first carve of the day, machine was clean as a whistle, simple carve, dust collector running, everything fine. I heard the motor sound change and came to a stop. Cable felt normal, motor felt hot. I spent a few minutes looking everything over. display read error code and number. I ran through the machine tests. Wrote down all the parameters. It told me the cut motor was running, but i didn't hear or see anything move, Is that normal? Any ideas what to check next?
Thanks John

CNC Carver
10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
How many hours on your current set of brushes?

fwharris
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I did a check for the E12 error code http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/troubleshooting-guide/troubleshooting-the-carvewright/#consolidated_error_codes
but it was not listed (** update needed??**)

sounds like you did the right steps with doing the machine tests to verify if the cut motor would turn on. Possible time for new motor brushes or it could be the
X termination board...

Digitalwoodshop
10-24-2012, 05:58 PM
New Brushes over 360 hours, Right Side Cut Motor safety Switch loose screws, Wire to cut motor un plugged, Something wrong with the X Termination Board. The C1 Cap snaps off on the X Termination board due to vibration and the Q1 is the actual on off switch controlled by a Optical Coupler a 6 pin chip with a LED and Light activated the Transistor. Helps isolate the Computer from the 115 volts AC.

TAP on Cut Motor with Screwdriver.. Not too hard... A hung up brush will sometimes drop in place and the cut motor will work.

IF that happens... Order the Brushes and change them by removing the motor from the machine and blowing the dust out.

IF you keep cutting, the next stall could snap a $40.00 bit...

AL

CarveWright_Authority
10-25-2012, 08:40 AM
There's 43 hrs on this machine. I put a dust collector on it when i first got it. its cleaned out after every carve and covered when put away. its possible that it is the brushes because after more searching on it, i noticed that the spindle wont rotate completely. it snaps back due to the spring shaft. disconnected it at truck to verify, pulled spring out of sheave 1 inch to separate from motor and it turns free, slide it back in and it wont turn. problem is in motor. testing says motor is running. I don't think brushes would wear that fast, and if it is a different problem in the motor shouldn't that be covered under the warranty? I don't want to spend money on maybe its the brushes and find out its something else.

RMarkey
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
E12 isn't really an error... it just tells me you pressed the STOP key when an error was already displayed on the screen.

Most likely the screen read "Please Clean Rails" when you pressed stop.