PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright Samples?

SevenCubed
01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey... I know that you can "Officially" buy carvewright samples from the online store, but they're MAD backed up and the samples I ordered three weeks ago aren't likely to get delivered soon. I don't wanna plunk the dollars 'till I've got an actual sample in hand, so is there anyone here that could help me out? It's kinda lame, I know, but I'd super appreciate if any of you friendly CarveWright Owners could scratch out a sample piece for me. I'd be happy to cover shipping and etc. I'm just trying to be careful, is all. I know I want one, I jus' need to know what to expect.

Also, has anyone around here ordered a Carvewright recently? How backed up are they?

I'm pleased as punch that they're getting the business and attention they are... I think this is a great system. I jus' wish they weren't QUITE so overloaded. <=)

Anyway, if anyone can help in any way, I'd super appreciate it.

Old Salt
01-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes I can send some samples of carvingss if that is what you want. just e mail your mailing address. Old Salt garyshtb@loganet.net

SevenCubed
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
This is a quickie MPC I whipped together to demonstrate what I'd want to see the CarveWright do. Hopefully this works, but if it doesn't, anyone interested in making a sample could let me know.

Old Salt
02-03-2007, 07:02 PM
got a chnce to cut your samples today. some worked fine but some of the letters and paterns where just to small. I used soft wood that didn't help , soft wood wants to chip off when very thin. I knew this would be a problem but felt you can only learn by trying but added some background to numbers to add depth . can send board if you like let me know . pictures att

SevenCubed
02-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Ah, crap. I was worried about some of the text not showing up precisely correctly... I didn't include some of the fonts I was using... I'm glad the project worked even though the special fonts couldn't be found.

Truth be told, I EXPECTED the smaller text to crap out. I wanted to prepare a worst-case scenario. I know there are some things that the CarveWright would do poorly, but I wanted to get a feel for what to expect.

I can't thank you enough for your assistance! I'll PM you with my contact information, and we can take this further. Thanks again. The sense of community here on the CarveWright forums is astounding. I couldn't be more pleased with this group of enthusiasts.

Old Salt
02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I mailed your sampls to day . 02/07 hope the find thir way to you this wk . talk to you later Old Salt

SevenCubed
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Again, you're a Champion among Men.

Can't thank you enough! I'll reimburse for your time/postage/etc.

Old Salt
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
You're welcome : I like what you said about your work , you may be of great help to me .
I serve as our Small City Parks Board Chairman, we have been given a 1948 Steam park train and in the begings of its renovation are trying to raise funds and applying for grants.
One of the things I want to do is carve the train engine and cars , put names of the large donors on the sides of the cars to display in the new museum. I need help making a good pattern. I have photo shop7 & Ilustrator but not the smarts to do a very good job. one of the problems is we need some good photos of it, but it's just a pile of parts now. after renovation I can get better photos. You can look at it at www.missourivalleychamber.com/ . I will attach tif photo that we have now , take a look and see if workable The Man in the photo ran the train for 50 years for the kids in town. I would help him, if I could with the kids. He would fire up the engine, I would set up the ropes and benches, he 'd say, "you ready I'll blow the whistle", the kid's would come from all over town. In his BIG GRUFF VOICE HE'D SAY OK KIDS RIDES 2BITS IF YOU GOT A QUARTER YOU CAN LINE UP BEHINED GARY, IF YOU DON'T, LINE UP BEHINED GARY ANYWAY :? A pattern w/him and with out would be super thanks for looking at it ! Old Salt

DaKubas
02-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey there -- just wondering if you were able to get a CarveWright yet?? I just got mine this week and am in the process of "playing - experimenting - and learning"! My wife ordered mine through our local Sears store (it's actually called a "CompuCarve", but is the same machine with same benefits. If you have access to a Sears store, they were able to get mine in the store in one week after ordering and they pay for shipping to the store. Just a suggestion. I think the train idea is awesome. Good Luck!