PDA

View Full Version : Heart Box Correction

SteveNelson46
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
The original idea for the Heart Box was to promote the new 2D Advanced Vector Drawing Suite and the 3D Advanced Pattern Modeling Suite so I did not make or use any patterns. As an after thought the people at Carvewright thought it would be nice if everyone could make the project even if they didn't have the new tools. In order to do this I had to make patterns for the parts where I used the new tools and create new .mpc files. The three patterns I had to make were on both sides of the top (1 per side) and on the back side of the bottom (3 patterns total) and I made the changes without any problems. Or so I thought! As it turns out, when the Designer made the patterns it made them a little smaller than the original so the parts will probably not fit together correctly. It was done in haste as a last minute rush and I didn't catch the error until the project was published. The fix is really easy. Just resize the 3 patterns in the project files as follows:

Make the patterns on both sides of the top and on the back side of the bottom 7.922 inches wide by 7.852 inches high. You can set the width or the height in the size boxes on the toolbar but, you will have to drag the handles to set the other direction. Zooming in real close helps. The patterns are centered in both directions so re-positioning should not be necessary.

Needless to say, the project files with the patterns were not test carved and as I stated earlier it was a last minute rush to make them. The assumption was that they would remain the same size as the original after they were created. You know what they say when you assume...

If you have the new 2D Advanced Vector Drawing Suite and the 3D Advanced Pattern Modeling Suite tools you can just use the .mpc files that do not have the patterns. They have been test carved several times and will carve perfectly.

For those who would prefer to download just the corrected files I have attached them to this message. The files in the original download on the Carvewright server have also been modified to reflect the changes so you can just re-download the entire project. (http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/Heart_Box.zip) My deepest apology if this has caused any inconvenience.

ladjr
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update.

CNC Carver
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for sharring and passing on the update. What a wonderful project.