PDA

View Full Version : Head stuck down

regor56
10-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I am doing a project and at the end of one of the cuts, the head stuck down. i was able to pull the board out of the machine but I can't raise or lower the head. I used a allen wrench and turned the shaft as directed in the trouble shooting section but I still cannot raise or lower the head. I used compressed air and cleaned all the saw dust out of the machine and sprayed wd40 on the shafts and gears. Any suggestions on how I can get it moving again?

badbert
10-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Please don't be offended for the obvious question, I am just trying to help. Did you push the red handle all the way in?

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2012, 01:21 PM
So we are talking about the Whole Head Y Truck included? Not the Z Truck? Assuming the locking handle is not engaged.

IF you are having a time getting the head to raise then the first thing I would do is check the Head Level. Measure it from the Sand Paper Belt OR if you can get the bit to move up and down manually, you can put a long bit in and move the head down toward the Sand Paper belt. You may need to place a block of wood on the belt so the bit can reach the bottom.

TO do this select Options, Sensor Data, and Z Data. The Z will read 0000 when you turn it on. Then move the head to the left side of the board and touch the bit to the board. Then move to the Right side. Look at the readings and see if the head is level.

Next un plug the machine and remove the bottom cover and look at the Gears that transfer the hand crank to the other side jacking screw. The gears may be packed in SAWDUST....

TO level the head, un hook one side cross connect gear and adjust until level. I leave the right side and use the Crank to adjust the left side. Hook Gears back up...

Lubricate... The Jacking Screws can become impacted with sawdust, working oil into them cleans out the sawdust. Be sure to clean up excess sawdust and oil mix... No FIRES PLEASE....

Good Luck,

AL

regor56
10-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes it was the jacking threads. Got them cleaned up and it works great. Thanks for the quick responses.

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Good Job !!!!

AL