PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble and ... faraway from US

gelu_b
10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I got the infamous error message "Z-axis stall E06-0228" (after a scanning job); as both Z-axis and cut-motor tests are not running, I'm suspecting FFC cable failure; I'm from Romania and it is not possible to service the machine in US, so I need to do it myself. As the last acquisition of the spare parts from LHR took over one month (I bought the CT assembly together with a few accessories), I'm wondering if one of you could help me by sending in a mail envelope two pcs. of FFC cable (I'll pay them by PayPal).

Thank you in advance for your help.

b.sumner47
10-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry my friend, I don't feel right doing that. Please contact LHR. Something about, out of the USA.

Capt Barry

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I would remove the bottom cover and with the power UNPLUGGED check the connections on the Power Supply.

With the Power Off check the FSC Cable to be sure it is pushed in all the way and feel it for any breaks in the wires.

BE sure you know if you have a old 18 pin or newer 14 pin FSC Cable. Installing a new 14 pin Cable in a old 18 pin Socket will kill your Carving Computer... so look at my picture.

They sell a kit to convert the 18 pin to a 14 pin with a cable and 2 circuit boards.

Let us know, it may just be a loose cable....

All else fails, reformat the card and re load designer to the Card. Is the LCD Display working OK?

Send me a email.

AL

lawrence
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I would try what AL suggests first-

I wish I had a couple of extra cables to help you out- I'm moving overseas in a couple of years and can see myself being in a similar situation.

Good luck and I hope Al or someone else is able to help,

V/r
Lawrence

gelu_b
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I would remove the bottom cover and with the power UNPLUGGED check the connections on the Power Supply.

With the Power Off check the FSC Cable to be sure it is pushed in all the way and feel it for any breaks in the wires.

BE sure you know if you have a old 18 pin or newer 14 pin FSC Cable. Installing a new 14 pin Cable in a old 18 pin Socket will kill your Carving Computer... so look at my picture.

They sell a kit to convert the 18 pin to a 14 pin with a cable and 2 circuit boards.

Let us know, it may just be a loose cable....

All else fails, reformat the card and re load designer to the Card. Is the LCD Display working OK?

Send me a email.

AL

Thank you AL for your advices. I tried to send you an email but without success (your forum settings doesn't allow me to do this ...)

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Sent PM and got a email reply. It was 3 PM here and 10 PM there and he quit for the night. We are going to continue another day. Recommended putting a simple project on the card as He already tried format and re load.

I have 2 new cables if He needs them. I am still thinking the Designer got a "Hangup" or something has everything out of Sync. Loading a project will re boot the system in Cut Mode... Looking to see if it will Re Boot and Home.

More later,

AL