PDA

View Full Version : New Computer - Reinstalled software - Won't allow registration

GSMARTIN
10-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Recently I had one of my computers completely quit working. Was able to restore some data but not all... purchased a new computer reloaded what I could, and attempted to reinstall Designer software.

Went through the whole registration process, and it would not let me activate it on the new computer. So I called Carvewright, spoke with a technician who, after removing the old computer which had crashed and freeing up a license, instructed me to:
Un-install the program,
Restart the computer,
Download the new Designer from http://update.carvewright.com/,
Run as an administrator, and
Follow the prompts to re-install and register the program.
Download all the licenses

I followed the instructions, and it worked great ... the program installed, was recognized, activated, and my patterns, and other licenses were successfully downloaded.

Now the problem...

After I closed Designer, and came back to it the next day to do some more work it opened and said it was a Demo version and that I needed to register the product. I followed the steps but it now says all the licenses are used (which they are ... one of them being the new computer which is now saying the program is not registered by a demo).

Does anyone know how I can get the program to be fully operational?

Thanks for your help.

ladjr
10-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Are You running as Administrator

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Right click on designer icon select properties, select advanced, select Always Run As Administrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
New thing we discovered some have to do. Don't know why.

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Not sure if run as admin was missed in install, registration or neither.

GSMARTIN
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you lynnfrwd and ladjr for your input.

Yes, I am running as Administrator. I believe that when I installed the software I did so as Administrator also. The first time I downloaded and installed the new software for the new computer it went very smoothly, and I received full acknowledgement that it had been properly done ... no warning screens, or other notifications showed up, and the program operated as a fully registered software.

Any suggestions where I might look, or try next?

Appreciate your help.

chief2007
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM

andes
10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello, if this is a brand new computer, and you are no longer using the old one, you have to login to your web account and remove the old computer listed. Then try again to register the program on the new computer. I believe it has to do with the fact that you only have one license and that license is connected to the old pc. If this doesn't work, contact the service dept and ask them to remove the old ref because you now have a new pc.

If you open designer and under the help you click on web account login; login and scroll down under Your Licenses and you will see computers.

lynnfrwd
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Hello, if this is a brand new computer, and you are no longer using the old one, you have to login to your web account and remove the old computer listed. Then try again to register the program on the new computer. I believe it has to do with the fact that you only have one license and that license is connected to the old pc. If this doesn't work, contact the service dept and ask them to remove the old ref because you now have a new pc.

If you open designer and under the help you click on web account login; login and scroll down under Your Licenses and you will see computers.

Only CarveWright staff can remove an OLD computer. All you can do is edit what you named it.

I'm calling him now.

ladjr
10-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Just had a registration problem. I didn't change anything. I was able to re-register
Just for information.

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

lynnfrwd
10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
What was the problem and what was the solution?

ladjr
10-23-2012, 10:12 PM
What was the problem and what was the solution?

It said I was not registered.I went to registration signed in and down loaded all licenses. No problem.
Before it work fine yesterday and this morning it said I wasn't registered. Working now. Just wonder if it had to do with new web site.

GSMARTIN
10-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you lynnfrwd and andes for your replies. When I went to the registration site it would not let me make any adjustments so several days ago I spoke with Tech Service and they removed the old computer as described earlier then I was able to register, and download all of my registrations. Regretfully this only lasted one day. Since then I had the problem as outlined in the original post.

I received an e-mail from Tech Service who said they would help, and as soon as I can get my schedule opened so I can speak with them, I'll post how they helped get this resolved.

Thanks again for your help and comments.
Greg

SteveEJ
12-08-2012, 07:33 AM
I have a Mac Mini now and am trying to set it up. The registration fails. I thought we could have two computers registered? My account shows one. This being a Mac and the other being a Windows version, is that a problem? Can this be solved today or do I need to wait till Monday?

Thanks!