PDA

View Full Version : New website and store

lynnfrwd
10-18-2012, 08:56 PM
We are migrating to a new server and launching a new website and store. Bare with us and hope you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryT
10-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Cool. When will we see the difference... or will we even see a difference?

lynnfrwd
10-18-2012, 09:19 PM
You will. Supposedly tonight.

henry1
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Can't wait to see it ,,will look at it tomorow

lynnfrwd
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Floyd evidently sees it. We may all need to remove our cache.

fwharris
10-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Floyd evidently sees it. We may all need to remove our cache.

Sure have!! Seen parts of it anyway. Looks like the gang is still process of getting pages and links moved over. So far looking real good...

BMURPH8
10-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Where did the old PDF's tips and trick go?

atauer
10-19-2012, 09:56 AM

This link will take you to the new Help page.

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/

Bigtyme
10-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I haven't wandered around the entire site, but where I have is pretty cool. Good Job!! I like the way it flows very much....

Bigtyme
10-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Any idea when the store will be back open? I need to buy a pattern for a project I wanted to carve this weekend, if possible.

lynnfrwd
10-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Working on it!

Bigtyme
10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Thank you....much appreciated...

lynnfrwd
10-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Under Need Help > Getting Started > Tutorials

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/tutorials/

bluecobra
10-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Looking great so far! Got rid of my main peeve which was the autostart video on the home page. Very disconcerting when you have music playing on your speakers.

lynnfrwd
10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
looking great so far! Got rid of my main peeve which was the autostart video on the home page. Very disconcerting when you have music playing on your speakers.

totally agree!

liquidguitars
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
looking good and even few more parts now..

dbfletcher
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Any idea when the software registration/licensing site will be back up? I'm still trying to get my centerline/pattern editor issues sorted out. ( i cant seem to upload any images to the forum today either.. so had to use a link)

http://www.fletchercs.com/misc/carvewright.png

chief2007
10-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Any idea when the software registration/licensing site will be back up? I'm still trying to get my centerline/pattern editor issues sorted out. ( i cant seem to upload any images to the forum today either.. so had to use a link)

http://www.fletchercs.com/misc/carvewright.png

Bottom of the home page is the customer login. But this is the direct link http://register.carvewright.com/ It is up and running - I just logged in.

TerryT
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Very nice. Congratulations on a job well done. I love the new pattern depot, except for the guys that have the same patterns and different prices right next to each other. I would think that some may have to adjust their prices now.

fwharris
10-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Looking at the pattern depot, how do you show all of the patterns for a certain vendor?? When I type in me "ringneckblues" all I show is my collections.

bergerud
10-20-2012, 11:28 AM
It would be a wonderful thing if all of the machine parts were made available online.

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Looking at the pattern depot, how do you show all of the patterns for a certain vendor?? When I type in me "ringneckblues" all I show is my collections.

We need to put it in keywords. Wish each of u could do ur own!

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 11:40 AM
It would be a wonderful thing if all of the machine parts were made available online.

As soon as I'm done swallow my bite of the elephant (website), that's where I'm headed. Not going to ever be all parts, but I plan on getting some more approved and available.

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
We need to put it in keywords. Wish each of u could do ur own!

Thinking about it, there may now be an easy way to do that....have to experiment.

badbert
10-20-2012, 12:32 PM

Here Here! Spectacular idea!! LOL

henry1
10-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Have to agree and would be nice

rnichols
10-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Has anyone else tried to "update" their program byclicking on "check for updates” with the carvewright program?
I tried it for giggles because of the new website update andit cannot find the update site.
Bob

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Go to update.carvewright.com

badbert
10-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Unable to post pics in the forum. Unknown file type. Tried, jpg, JPG, bmp, png. Same results...

RMarkey
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Actually, if you find a pattern from a vendor you like, select it, then on the right hand side of the item detail screen is a blank image that says "more items from this manufacturer". Pick that to see everything from that person.
Like RingNeckBlues: http://store.carvewright.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=30

(http://store.carvewright.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=30)We'll be adding manufacturer images on Monday, and continue expanding the search tools... including a Google-like predictive typing search.

easybuilt
10-20-2012, 10:23 PM
The new store is great and easy to search. I like the service parts with picturess. Hopefully you will add more, it will be much easier to place orders. Thanks!

fwharris
10-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Actually, if you find a pattern from a vendor you like, select it, then on the right hand side of the item detail screen is a blank image that says "more items from this manufacturer". Pick that to see everything from that person.
Like RingNeckBlues: http://store.carvewright.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=30

(http://store.carvewright.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=30)We'll be adding manufacturer images on Monday, and continue expanding the search tools... including a Google-like predictive typing search.

Thank you sir!! I did find this link earlier today. Any idea what your going to use for images?

lynnfrwd
10-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you sir!! I did find this link earlier today. Any idea what your going to use for images?

That would be a Joe question. My guess one of your patterns.

fwharris
10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
That would be a Joe question. My guess one of your patterns.

That makes sense I guess.. Thanks!

easybuilt
10-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Connie, I am not getting email's on daily notifications when threads are updated and private messages being sent. This just stopped last couple days. I checked my profile and everything is checked for immediate emails still. Did something change with the new site? Thanks

lynnfrwd
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
It all got moved to new server. Will check with metallus Monday, but I am getting them just fine. Check junk mail or spam filter.

mwhatch
10-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Most of the project designer tutorial links don't work.

RMarkey
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM

We're going to use some text, as the area is very small.

Old Salt
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Some one has worked very hard on this!
I know it will be great .

Thanks Gary

henry1
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Well I log in to my account it won't let me download my project I paid for hope its cleared up soon

easybuilt
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Something Just changed on your server, I finally started to get thread updates to my email from the last few days and a private message notification.
Thanks!

RMarkey
10-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I finally started to get thread updates to my email from the last few days and a private message notification.

Yes, the mx relay host wasn't configured properly, so emails weren't leaving the server. Fixed 10/23/2012.

lynnfrwd
10-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Well I log in to my account it won't let me download my project I paid for hope its cleared up soon

If you need to re-download a pattern or project, please do so through the Pattern Depot using the TRY button until we get the download link in Customer Account fixed.

Thanks!

mathman
10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
On the home page, when clicking on 'forum' in the drop-down box under community it doesn't take you to the actual forum like the old site did - seems like it's an unnecessary extra click and waste of time.

lynnfrwd
10-26-2012, 08:11 AM
We are going to put it in quick links at bottom left so people will see all three logins in one spot.

lynnfrwd
10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
On the home page, when clicking on 'forum' in the drop-down box under community it doesn't take you to the actual forum like the old site did - seems like it's an unnecessary extra click and waste of time.

Are you saying because it takes you to the CarveWright Corner? You want it to go straight to forum?

mathman
10-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Are you saying because it takes you to the CarveWright Corner? You want it to go straight to forum?

That would be it - that's the behaviour it had before. Someone has tweaked that menu and now it works again. :)

lynnfrwd
10-27-2012, 09:39 AM
That would be it - that's the behaviour it had before. Someone has tweaked that menu and now it works again. :)

One of the best things about our new website from our perspective is how easy it is to go in and make changes and additions.

chief2007
10-27-2012, 06:10 PM
I got to say - I am Loving the new website, Just take a little time and look over the entire site, The Maintenance page is awesome and should only get even better. One stop shopping for what needs to be done, when it needs to be done and " How To" Videos for a lot of it.

lynnfrwd
10-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Doing parts on Monday!!

fwharris
10-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I got to say - I am Loving the new website, Just take a little time and look over the entire site, The Maintenance page is awesome and should only get even better. One stop shopping for what needs to be done, when it needs to be done and " How To" Videos for a lot of it.

FOR SURE!!! :cool:

bluecobra
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Is there any chance we could update the search capabilities of the forum to use 3 letter words?

RMarkey
10-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Is there any chance we could update the search capabilities of the forum to use 3 letter words?

Probably not, it would return too much data.

I would rather see something where we can vote up/down posts, and then search by "popularity".

chief2007
10-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Any word on when the link to sign into the customer account will be working? Only getting an error message as of now.

lynnfrwd
10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Any word on when the link to sign into the customer account will be working? Only getting an error message as of now.

Didn't know it was down. Got them working on it.

RMarkey
11-01-2012, 07:53 AM

Marketing broke it.

CNC Carver
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Then Marketing should fix it. LOL That will be the day a Marketing/IT guy.

RMarkey
11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Then Marketing should fix it. LOL That will be the day a Marketing/IT guy.

He wanted to fix it, but he couldn't figure out how to import it into photoshop.

atauer
11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Geez....

Y you guys gotta bag on the Marketing guy?

Oh, BTW, I'm not that guy. I'm just the phone tech guy.

fwharris
11-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Marketing broke it.

Your letting Joe work on this?? ;)

lynnfrwd
11-01-2012, 10:33 AM
He wanted to fix it, but he couldn't figure out how to import it into photoshop.

LOL!!! That is too funny!

easybuilt
11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
The links to the rebate forms are not working. I tried it from my invoice and from the web site,like this link does not work.
"LHR requires a base charge for the CRU (commonly referred to as a “Return Rebate”) to insure that the part taken out of the Machine will be returned. The Rebate will be refunded if the used part is received within 75 days as shown on the Return Rebate Request Form."
Where is it now located?

henry1
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
The links to the rebate forms are not working. I tried it from my invoice and from the web site,like this link does not work.
"LHR requires a base charge for the CRU (commonly referred to as a “Return Rebate”) to insure that the part taken out of the Machine will be returned. The Rebate will be refunded if the used part is received within 75 days as shown on the Return Rebate Request Form."
Where is it now located?
Will this one do

easybuilt
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
That's great Henry, thanks! I also saved a copy for future use.

lynnfrwd
11-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Links from the Project Designer Software won't work until we get the next update.

Links from invoices prior to our change-over won't work.

The link on the Warranty and Return Policy now works.

It is also located under SUPPORT > MANUALS AND DOCUMENTS under the Exploded Parts List.

chebytrk
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Hey Connie,
How does one get to the portion to see all patterns, projects, licenses purchased? I found one area and wasn't able to view that info, specifically I was trying to see what the number of remaining POM subscriptions are left (I know mine are finished). I remember before I was able to view that under my account as well as registered PCs and other stuff. Also, THANK YOU for the help with my POM. I went back in and was able to download it just fine. I just need to make sure I don't miss out on the next one coming up so I'll be signing up for another year real quick.

lynnfrwd
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
That is your Customer Account - now in the bottom left of each web pages (www.carvewright.com) under QUICK LINKS. (IT IS NOT ON THE BOTTOM LEFT IN THE STORE).