PDA

View Full Version : FFC Cable and board replaced...Machine still not working..Please Help

jdlink01
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Hello again!
I need some help fixing my machine. I am about to go crazy. I have replaced the Cover Micro Switch, FFC Cable, and Circuit Board. I am still getting error messages when I try to run the machine, and its Saturday, so no one at LHR is home.

When I start the machine up to start a project it begins Homing...thats where things start to go bad. I then throws a close cover message. I need to move the Y truck back and forth to get it to give me the "please press enter" message. This happens several times then it either gives me a power fluctuation message or it gives me a "Motion Flush w/o Servo, Err E48-0634" message.

What the HECK is going on with this machine?!!!

I have done nothing but used it, and I have been very delicate when I use it.

I have flipped it over and checked all the connections and power supply connections under the machine and throughout the entire machine. I do not know what may be the issue.

My power supply is dedicated to this machine. But I have shut off my furnace just to be sure it wasn't messing up the power supply...

I was on the phone with LHR several times this week before recieving the new parts, and they couldn't help me. I thought that maybe the new parts may solve some of the problems, but that doesnt seem to be the case. It has actually caused more issues.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Josh

jdlink01
10-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Ok, so now I am pretty much done with my machine. It is at the point now where I do not feel it is worth keeping it. I AM REALLY THINKING ABOUT SENDING IT BACK. I have decided that if I do not get a resolution to this problem on Monday, its going back. I am really starting to think that this machine is not designed to do what I want it to do. Even after all of wonderful ideas from the other posters on this forum, I cannot justify buying another machine. If I am having these issues with a BRAND NEW machine, why would I spend money on a used or broken one?

Thanks for all the help.

If any of you have any ideas about how to resolve the problems I have posted before, do not hesitate to send them my way.

Thanks,
Josh

Digitalwoodshop
10-13-2012, 12:14 PM
So if I understand as the machine starts to home the Z goes up and down then when the Y starts to move you get a close cover correct...?

First troubleshooting tip. On the keypad, Options, Sensor Data, and the first up is the cover data. Should say closed. While monitoring it, move the clear cover around look for a loose switch or a flex of the cover causing a problem...

You can always call me, my number is on my web page below.

Also, Remove the top black cover and inspect the left cover switch to be sure it is snug and pushed toward the clear plastic cover.

AL

jdlink01
10-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Al,
I left you a message with my phone number. My number is also on my website. I will try your suggestions and see where we can go from there.
Thanks
Josh

cestout
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Josh,
Don't give up on the machine, we (make that Al) will get you up and running. Looking at your Web Site, this machine is perfect for you.
Clint

jdlink01
10-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks Clint...
After a few minutes on the phone with Al, I'm back up and running.
A huge thanks to Al!

Josh

Digitalwoodshop
10-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Used the Dental Floss Trick on the Board Sensor Cable... Un hook both ends and make like FLOSS.... Sometimes the cable moves down the sharp edge of the metal and intermittently pinches a wire to ground. This causes a Open Cover Indication as the board Sensor has 4 wires... + - voltage and 2 Signal Wires. Short the positive voltage to ground and it messes with the sensors...

Was good talking to you.

Glad we got it working.:mrgreen:

Any problems let me know.

AL

badbert
10-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Al is the man!!

chief2007
10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks Clint...
After a few minutes on the phone with Al, I'm back up and running.
A huge thanks to Al!

Josh

Great news to hear! Enjoy the carving and post some of your projects when you can. Overall these machines are good sometimes you have to work out the bugs. I have 2 C versions machines - one has been great all along the other had some bugs, but after working them out, both machines run great.

Digitalwoodshop
10-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Al is the man!!

AL got Lucky... First WAG.. Wild AL Guess...

:) AL

ladjr
10-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Good job Al

Digitalwoodshop
10-14-2012, 12:26 PM
The LHR Tech was on the right track... He told Josh it must be a Short.. Since Josh had replaced the FSC Cable and the left Cover Switch the most logical thing was a pinched wire messing with the Logic Power causing intermittent problems... Eventually it would have been a 100% close Cover all the time... as the wire pinched solid short.

This can be caused as we pull the Board Sensor down to replace it... We pull down on the wire to make it easier to plug back in and then the stage is set as the wire has slid down the side of the metal edge and will eventually pinch through...

Got Lucky and the Dental Floss Trick worked... But the wire still has a bear spot in the insulation....

Over 2 years ago I bough some thick clear fiber optic cable. My plan was to mount the board sensor up on top and push 3 Fiber Cables through and mount them in a old board sensor holder. Glue the fiber optic to the good board sensor... Never did it.. the Rock solved the problems...

AL

jdlink01
10-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Hey guys,
Just posted some pics of the finished treasure chest. I have some sanding work to do on the project that I was in the middle of when all hell broke loose on the machine. Ill post those pics when its done. I just showed the customer (my neighbor) the rough cut out of the project and he ordered two more on the spot. I guess I might be able to turn a buck with this machine after all!!! We will see.

Again, Thanks Al for everything!

Josh

badbert
10-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Hey guys,
Just posted some pics of the finished treasure chest. I have some sanding work to do on the project that I was in the middle of when all hell broke loose on the machine. Ill post those pics when its done. I just showed the customer (my neighbor) the rough cut out of the project and he ordered two more on the spot. I guess I might be able to turn a buck with this machine after all!!! We will see.

Again, Thanks Al for everything!

Josh

You'll find that happens quite often! I have been running 24/7 for a craft show Saturday, but I keep selling stuff as soon as it is done! I'm glad to hear your back up and running! Al got mine going for me too!