PDA

View Full Version : Western Washington Users Group

easybuilt
10-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Our next gathering for the western washington users group will meet October 25th at 1pm in Spanaway.
I understand we will have a new member attend from Aberdeen, Wa. Everyone is welcome to attend.
At this point it looks like we have at least 5 attending.
Please send me a PM with your email address for phone number and the address where we will be meeting.

easybuilt
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
We had a awesome meeting this past Thursday. Four CW users showed up and Pam made some wonderful brownies. We helped each other with the software and showed each other some tricks to make designs easier.
Two brought their computers so they were able to do some hands on experience. One user brought their machine and I had my parts box so we were able to fix her machine with a new z motor and some other parts. We were also able to go through the proper cleaning process and explained some easy repair items. I had one of my 30" wine signs and we discussed how I painted it and other ideas.
Pam showed us a beautiful burl she was able to remove from a friends house. She also was given two beautiful 4 X 12 X 12 boards they used to move the wood into the truck.
Rumor has it that Sharon may come to our November meeting so of course we will be discussing painting techniques and what ever we need help with. It is a wonderful group of people with diverse talents.

SharonB
10-28-2012, 12:22 AM
I certainly hope I can make your next meeting. Just need to know the date, time and place. A friend in Tacoma has some wood he wants to get rid of so thought I'd combine that with a chance to visit with everyone. Let's just hope there's not snow in the mountains next month.

ladjr
10-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Wow it sounds like a great group. Everyone seems to be willing to share knowledge and labor

Leo
Life is to short carve something today

easybuilt
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
The November meeting of the Western Wash. users group will be Wednesday November 14th at 1 pm.
We had four at our last meeting, we had a great time last month fixing one machine and learning some computer skills with the software. We also had some awesome brownies and tea from Pam. It looks like Sharon will be attending this meeting so we will be talking about some of the painting tricks I have learned lately. pm me for location, it should be another good time..

SharonB
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes Tom, the car is almost packed as I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone on Wednesday. I'll bring a piece of my latest project for Show and Tell. Looking forward to hearing about what you've learned in your painting class. It will also be nice to catch up with what Pam and Stan have been doing too.

easybuilt
11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
We had a wonderful meeting last week at our users group. Sheron B attended and brought some of her recent projects. Pam served us all a very nice lunch.
We all shared ideas and had a great time discussing paint techniques.

SharonB
11-19-2012, 01:55 AM
My husband, a friend and I want to thank the Western Washington User Group for the wonderful welcome they extended to us when we attended their monthly meeting. I will differently be attending their meetings anytime I'm in the area.

I would recommend that anyone visiting the Tacoma/Bonney Lake area must stop and visit with Tom, Stan, and Pam....what a wealth of information these folks have and are willing to share. Thanks everyone.

easybuilt
11-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks Sharon, we sure enjoyed you attending our meeting and sharing so many ideas.

easybuilt
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
The Western Washington Users Group had our December meeting last Thursday. Three of the five members were in attandance and we had a wonderful time sharing ideas and discussing a little software training. We also exchanged Christmas gifts and even had some from Sharon B, which was so nice. Thank you very much Sharon.
Merry Christmas to all CW users. .

easybuilt
03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
The next meeting of Western Washington Users group is scheduled for March 16th at 11am in Spanaway at Grandma Pam's. Our group keeps growing and now we have 7 people that regularly attend. It is such a fun time and a huge resource for all of us. Anyone who did not receive my email and want to attend please send me a pm. Thanks

easybuilt
03-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Notes from our meeting: Four of our seven members attended our gathering today ofthe Northwest Carvewright Users Group. Bill Simpson, the newest member drove 1 ½ hours from Aberdeen, Washington toTacoma for this month’s meeting at Pam Brown’s house. Also present were TomWatson from Bonney Lake and Stan Vinci from Enumclaw. Helen lives in Issaquahand attends when she is in town. John our newest member from Chehalis, WA wasnot able to attend or Shane Niemann. We meet approximately once a month anddiscuss everything from current projects in process to problems one of us maybe having with a particular job to what features we’d like to see added toDesigner or the next version of the machine. No one had a machine needingfixing, this month; though that’s always good to troubleshoot at thesegatherings. Depending on which of us is hosting the current meeting we may betalking about other new wood working equipment or computer software. Stan, Tomand Pam are having a lot of fun advising Bill on how to start from thebeginning saving files so you can remember where they came from and how to findthem when needed. Things we all wish we’d realized from the beginning. We alsodiscussed the advantages of using the different Carvewright software andpatterns available from carvers like Eddie, TerryT, John P and others
We were discussing how nice it would be if Terry T couldstop in on one his trips to this side of the state.
Just as each wood shop varies, each of us uses theCarvewright to a different extent in our shops. Each has talents to offer therest that enhance, educate and add to our experiences as carvers. Today’smeeting lasted just over 2.5 hours and was great sharing with each other.

easybuilt
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
The next Meeting for the Western Washington Users group is at Stan's house in Enumclaw ,Saturday, April at 11am. Please send me a pm if you need directions.

easybuilt
04-22-2013, 01:12 AM
We had an amazing meeting Saturday at Stan's Enumclaw house and shop. Our meeting lasted about 3 1/2 hours. Five CW users showed up with Bill driving 2 1/2 hours. We covered how to load the new update on your computer and the use of the new key hole software. We also covered some 3 d techniques and the need for rubber belts on your machine. Shared projects we were working on and ways to improve our finished project. The use of finishing mops and radial bristle disc were reviewed. The 250 hours maintenance requirements were detailed out. We also showed the newer members hands on how to change motor brushes and the bearings in the y and z motor. Stan shared some of his exotic wood he has been given. We had lots of snacks and a great time sharing ideas questions. From left to right in the picture is Tom, Helen, Pam, Stan and Bill. Two other's were not able to attend, John and Shawn.

SharonB
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
That looks like a congenial group who's having to much fun to just be doing maintenance on the CW. Must be the refreshments that were served....or just old fashion comradery.

easybuilt
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes Sharon, just a lots of friends sharing the same interest. We missed you attending our group, hopefully you can join us again in the future. We had a great time and learned so much.

easybuilt
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM
We will be having the next gathering of the Western Washington Users group on August 18 at 11 am. It will be held at my shop in Bonney Lake, WA. Please bring questions, any machines needing repair and ideas to share. Please RSVP me and anyone needing directions let me know. I know we have 5 coming as of today and we are looking for more.

easybuilt
08-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Just a reminder about our gathering on Sunday. We have about 8 people attending with a new Carvewright person and his wife attending too! Should be a lot of fun! Let me know if you can attend.

easybuilt
11-03-2013, 11:30 AM
We will be having our next gathering on November 9th at 1 pm in Spanaway WA. at GrandmaPam house and shop. Everyone is welcome to attend. Please let me know if you are coming and anyone needing directions please send me a private message. We are looking forward to another fun and informative meeting.

easybuilt
11-03-2013, 11:59 AM
The Western Washington Users group includes so many different talents. We currently have 8 people that attend our semi-monthly group meetings, "I'm proud of all we do for each other." Each with our own contribution, creating a whole that is so much more than each one alone. Inspiration, solutions, encouragement and not to be deneighed, the gaining of personal knowledge through helping one another. The benefits of our association go beyond the sharing of wood sources and machine parts, addressing equipment problems and brainstorming a project idea. Having such a mutual interest, it's not surprising that our Carvewright Users Group members should also become friends. Though the Carvewright fills a different need in each of our wood shops, the support of the group is as important to us all. .
We have members bring their machines to the meetings for repair and as a group we teach other. One of our members is very talented in software and she helps others tricks and techniques. Others bring their current projects and we discuss how it was created. Everyone knows if they run into a problem one of us will always go to their house to help out. But that is what friends do for friends.

Tom Watson
Western Washington Users Group

easybuilt
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
This was email to all our members but we are always look for new people to join us for this fun event. There are no dues just the desire to learn more about your Carvewright or a larger CNC.

The next Western Washington Carvewright/CNC users meeting/gathering is at Stan's house in Enumclaw Washington, Saturday February 1st at about 1pm to 3pm. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Pam will be leaving soon for several months for an across country trip, now would be a good time to hear all about it.
Bring your Carvewright questions and techniques. Stan should have his new PDJ CNC up and running for you to see. He also has two Carvewrights if you have any questions about the machine repair. If your machine is giving you a problem bring it along and maybe we will have time to look at it. There has been a lot going on we would like to share with you.
Please let me know if you would like to join us and I will send you Stan's address if you send me PM. If you would like to bring a snack that would be great too.

easybuilt
01-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Just a reminder out next gathering will be Saturday February 1st at 1pm. Everyone in the area is welcome to attend.