PDA

View Full Version : A Few for the upcoming Craft Show

cnsranch
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I'll post more pics later - most of the items are boxed up......

Cut the cross out of ash - the "scrap" board looked so good that I "floated" the cross in it...

The "Jesus Face on Cross" was kind of a "goof" - I cut it on Cedar, and had my board settings wrong - it cut through the carve, and was going to toss it until TLOML talked me into attaching it to a piece of ash - I really like the way they turned out...

The shot glass holder - found the glasses at a garage sale - was fortunate enough to match the font on the glasses, and added the names to the holder on all four sides....

7 or eight Rosary Boxes, made of either hickory or maple....

cnsranch
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Couple more.....

fwharris
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Jerry,

Looks like a great bunch of carvings! They should do very well I am sure!

cnsranch
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks, Mr, H. - we'll see.......

eelamb
10-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Jerry those came out really nice. They should sell well.

Digitalwoodshop
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Nice Work !!!! Have plenty of Business Cards for all the Custom Orders.... :mrgreen:

chebytrk
10-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey Namesake.... All those carvings look really great, but in particular what size is that Last Supper carve? I really like it & wonder where you got it. I've got a few already, but that one looks different. Almost as if it was resized horizontally or something.

Couple more.....

cnsranch
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks, AW - now, if I can net more than $2 per hour :)

Jerry - TLOML says that's the "Second to Last Supper" drinks before dinner..

Here's the mpc - it's here in the Forum somewhere - I carved it with the grain, not against as usual - really turned out great.

I believe it was originally a scan - carves great - the upper left corner is short somewhat, but it doesn't really show up too badly in the carve.

ladjr
10-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Very nice job. Which show are you going to.

SharonB
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Beautiful work on all the pieces. I really like the dragon....how large was this carved?

b.sumner47
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I agree with Sharon about the dragon, Nice.Great work and good luck at the shows.

Capt Barry

badbert
10-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Great work on all the carvings! You should sell out quickly! Good Luck!

easybuilt
10-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Beautiful carvings Jerry! I wish you fantastic sales.

cnsranch
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Sharon - I found the dragon here somewhere - mpc attached.

I actually carved that one immediately after installing the CT system to see how much better it is that the old QC system. CT beats it hands-down.

That's carved on a piece of pine, about 6"x6". Detail's great - I'm sure you can paint it to the nines.

cnsranch
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
An update for those who don't have anything else to do but read this stuff (like me)......

Craft Fair was Friday and Saturday from 10-3 both days. Didn't "tear 'em up", but I think I covered my costs.....

Sold the Last Supper before we even opened - the lady let me continue to display it, and I got an order for another.

They sold for $50 each.

Sold three Rosary boxes at $30 each.

Sold one of the Jesus face on Cross (remember the ones I messed up and TLOML convinced me to save them?) and the lady ordered another five of them - $35 each.

Six Christmas Ornaments at $5 each.

One Chiefs sign at $15 (which, considering their record, is a miracle in itself).

I don't know who the old fat guy in the pic is, but that's my Mom.

TerryT
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a successful event Jerry. Nice work. If you handed out business cards you should get a few phone orders later also.

myshop1044
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Jerry it looks like you have a good selection of items to cover any person coming by.
I like your display setup. If you made money that's good too. I like to tell people
that I sell carving possiblities too and I never let the chance to plug the Cw machine
when talking to men and women too. I have a sign that hangs in the booth the states," if you want to
enhance your woodworking, ask me about a CarveWright machine."
Keep up the good work that also sells.

Perry B.

ladjr
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Jerry

Those are great. I really like the one about tears down my leg. Great items.

b.sumner47
11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Very nice display, Jerry. Thanks for sharing.

Capt Barry

henry1
11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Very nice Jerry , that is a nice diplay