PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jantz I need your help (others welcome too)

HandTurnedMaple
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I have this eagle head I drew and then blended and smoothed in Corel Photo-Paint 12. But when I import it and use it, there is a lip almost all the way around the pattern.

How do I remove this without having to take a 1 pixel wide eraser tool to the edge?

Greybeard
01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
You could try selecting all the background with the "magic wand" mask tool, then go to the "Mask" menu, the select "Shape/reduce".
Set it to say 2 pixels, and ok.
That should give you a cleaner edge.

John

Edit
I should have added then "Mask/invert", then "Edit/clear".

Jon Jantz
01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I imported it in to look at it and can see what you are talking about, I think... have you tried inverting this pattern? I almost like it better inverted and that eliminates that little lip around the outside...

There are a couple of other little things you can do to eliminate that lip..

I'll play with it here when I have time and post it back on here...

HandTurnedMaple
01-30-2007, 04:39 PM
The only problem with inverting it is the eyes pop out then. He becomes bug-eyed.

Greybeard
01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I imported it in to look at it ......

Jon, can you tell me how you do that - importing that image ?

I've tried selecting it, but saving it as html doesn't get me any further as my corel 8 can't open it.
Putting it on the clipboard doesn't seem to help either.
I'd be most grateful, as this is a problem I've run into before.
Many thanks
Joh

HandTurnedMaple
01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Rereading your question, does it not give you the option to save as a .jpg?

BobHill
01-30-2007, 05:02 PM
For that sort of thing, John, and perhaps Jon does much the same, I use a screen capture program ("SnagIt" for me) and select just the image and it creates a raster image of whatever you select and outline on your screen. In pretty good resolution too (whatever your screen is set for, in any case).

Bob

Debbie Spencer
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I would love to see this as a finished product! Your artwork is very nice! Please let me know how it turned out, I'm having a heck of a time with my designs and the "greyscale" shading! My stuff looks like it's been chewed on. :shock:
Deb

Jon Jantz
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
I do screen capture quite a bit... but to import these images, I just click on the image so it'll pop up in full resolution... then I right-click on the image and select "Copy."

From there, I will either open PhotoPaint and go to File>New from Clipboard or go into Designer... "Import" and select "From Clipboard."

Also, if you like you can right-click on the picture that pops up and select "Save Picture As" and save it into My Documents to work with it later...

As far as screen capture, I alway just hit the 'Print Screen' button that is up close to the Scroll Lock. That copies your screen to the clipboard, and you can then paste it into Photopaint, or select 'New from Clipboard' and save it...

Greybeard
01-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Many thanks Jon. I never think to try right clicking, but it works ok :D

Regards
John

HandTurnedMaple
01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanx John, that worked well enough for me to load it for carving. I'll know in 2 hours if it carves well.[/i]