PDA

View Full Version : Looping in" load bit" step

capdabney
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I just recently recieved a used Carve Wright and have doe 2 tutorial carvings with it. Pretty neat!

I was setting up the 2nd carve yesterday, and it cycled thru the load bit step 3 times befor continuing with the project.

Today, I tried over and over again to re-do yesterdays carve, but it's stuck in the load the bit and keeps trying to measure and home to no avail.

Any help out there??

DocWheeler
10-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Glad you are liking the machine, most of us do!

I got this answer (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19694-Load-bit&highlight=load+bit)for you by typing "load bit" (with the quotes) in "search".

fwharris
10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Been there done that! The bit plate is not getting pushed out all of the way by the Z truck as it travels to the non keyboard end of the machine. Common causes are: dirt/dust in the bit plate spring - blow the spring area out real good with air and then give a good shot of WD40 and blow it out again while holding a rag in the area to catch the solvent spray.

Y belt a bit loose - loosen the screw on the Y belt tension adjustment plate and re tighten the screw with pushing the plate to the far end.

the cut motor wires in the far back corner are not tucked back into the far corner causing the back of the Z motor to hit them and stopping the truck from traveling far enough to push the bit plate out.

Dirty Y rails and or bearings...

badbert
10-08-2012, 10:41 PM
If you are using a sled, this can happen if your rails are too high.