PDA

View Full Version : Older style Quick Discconnect Bit adapters

BlueRocco
10-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey folks - I have ten of the 1/4" and five of the half inch quick disconnect adapters for anyone that wants them. Make me an offer that includes shipping and they are yours! I can't think of anywhere else to offer them up. I only used two of the 1/4" ones so they have a little bit of the ball peening that is common to them. The rest of them are like new since they haven't even been in the machine. I went ahead and did the CarveTight upgrade. Saved for two years to afford it, and the wife is still banging me on the head for it. But now I can use any bit in my Carvewright. SOOOOOO Let me know if any one needs these. I'll let them go for close to nothing, I just reallt HATE to throw them away after fighting to keep them for so long. I just really wantedthat new heavy duty belt and to be ablr to use any bit in it. Now I'm going to replace all my old bits with some Freud 1/2" bits. The four way cutters are so much nicer than any I have tried in my router so far. Lower speed and less chipout with NO kickback. I can't wait! Write me at "bluerocco at mkmk.com" and we will see what we can do.

Micheal
Boise,ID

BlueRocco
10-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow - I see a lot of folks have seen this. Isn't there anyone that still uses the old adapters? These things are just sitting on the kitchen counter and the wife is asking if she can throw them away.......

Digitalwoodshop
10-20-2012, 12:58 PM
You can try eBay... Or Craig's List. Generally of the Thousands and Thousands of Users only a Fraction actually use the Forum to get educated on the proper use and care for the machine. The Users that are "Un Informed" are the ones that buy the Bit holders on eBay and still think they are getting a good deal.... It's like selling a machine HERE... "WE" as a Group of users of the Forum are "Informed" and many have made the Economical Choice to upgrade to the Rock or CT to end the money wasting buying of Bit Holders and QC's. The 2 Bit Holders with BB Marks you can TOSS in the Trash, they have ZERO Value as a person buying them and installing them in a GOOD QC will DESTROY the QC as the BB Marks are a Sign of a WORN QC and BIT Holders, both are worthless.

Like buying a used machine, most here would pay $400.00 for a machine that a un informed buyer on eBay or Craig's List would pay $800.00 for and "Think" He was getting a Good Deal...

Sorry your Bit Holders didn't sell yet, try eBay and Craig's List. You are selling "Ice Cubes" in Alaska here... Good Luck.

AL

b.sumner47
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
I have some adapters as well, but I'm going hold onto them, If I'm in the process of helping someone and need a replacment say on a weekend or holiday, I have it. Small cost-thankful person.

Capt Barry

badbert
10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Like buying a used machine, most here would pay $400.00 for a machine that a un informed buyer on eBay or Craig's List would pay $800.00 for and "Think" He was getting a Good Deal...

AL

I have been working to correct this on Ebay! I message the sellers and inform them of the cost of a new one. I inform them of the upgrades necessary for A-models, like the Z-Pack. I also inform them about only designer being transferable. Last week a seller was listing 2 units! He relisted them and listed that they were A-models and might need upgrades. They still went for $800! But he felt better for it, and the person that bought them can't say they weren't informed.

BlueRocco
10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info.... I'll put them aside in case someone really needs them and tos the used ones. I wouldn't want to ruin anyone machine!
Micheal

PCW
10-30-2012, 01:45 PM
I have been working to correct this on Ebay! I message the sellers and inform them of the cost of a new one. I inform them of the upgrades necessary for A-models, like the Z-Pack. I also inform them about only designer being transferable. Last week a seller was listing 2 units! He relisted them and listed that they were A-models and might need upgrades. They still went for $800! But he felt better for it, and the person that bought them can't say they weren't informed.

You can't really go by version A & B to determine what updates a machine has. LHR has stated here in the past that there was not a symptomatic labeling in regards to Version A and B. Machine can't be aged by using the prefix number other than the C version. Some A versions came with all the upgrades that a B version had. I for a long time thought all the CompuCarve had a A prefix.... to this day I have yet to see a B version assigned to one. Not saying that this is fact but just my observation.

Maybe Connie will chime in.:lol:

badbert
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
You can't really go by version A & B to determine what updates a machine has. LHR has stated here in the past that there was not a symptomatic labeling in regards to Version A and B. Machine can't be aged by using the prefix number other than the C version. Some A versions came with all the upgrades that a B version had. I for a long time thought all the CompuCarve had a A prefix.... to this day I have yet to see a B version assigned to one. Not saying that this is fact but just my observation.

I assumed that all CCs were As too. But I recently saw a B for sale somewhere... ebay or Craigslist. So many people paid big money for their machines, I still see some for sale asking $2000! I know it is heartbreaking to them to take such a loss. But being an uninformed buyer, I paid too much for mine. I actually invite them to come to this forum and learn how to use the machine. Funny thing is, I have never had a less than polite response. I guess what something is selling on Ebay is what it is worth. But I know there are alot of uninformed buyers out there as well. I still see A machines being sold for more than a new C. Maybe some more marketing is needed. Surely if everyone knew they could buy a brand new machine for $1200, they wouldn't buy a used one for $1100! And the more people realize this, the better deals we can get on used ones.

lynnfrwd
10-31-2012, 07:33 AM

All C machines are CarveWright and have CarveTight.

All A and B machines could be CompuCarve or CW and came with Quick Chuck can be upgraded with CT.

Only A machines made (not necessarily sold) during the first few months (up to about Feb 2007) have the old 18-pin and need the A907 upgrade. You cannot determine this by the serial number, but we can. The A907 must be upgraded if you want to add CarveTight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chebytrk
10-31-2012, 07:40 AM
yup... I have a A machine that was in that category & needed the A907 upgrade. Did it and all is good....

All A and B machines could be CompuCarve or CW and came with Quick Chuck can be upgraded with CT.

Only A machines made (not necessarily sold) during the first few months (up to about Feb 2007) have the old 18-pin and need the A907 upgrade. You cannot determine this by the serial number, but we can. The A907 must be upgraded if you want to add CarveTight.

fwharris
10-31-2012, 11:19 AM

Now that is news to me on that one! What are the specifics of having to do so? I helped a local carver do the CT upgrade on his machine (A) that does not have the A907 upgrade and he has put on over 300 hours so far with out any issues. When I talked with y'all about this nothing was mentioned about needing to do so.

Note: After he gets his new machine he does plan on getting the A907 done.