PDA

View Full Version : Problem Image

Hanna
01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I am trying to work with this image. I took it into Corel Draw, changed it into a bitmap...it was jpg. I did grayscale on it and made the background transparent.

Now I don't know if I should have the feathering or not...or whatever else. What I want to do is carve this image for a lid for a wine bottle box. I would prefer the image come up out of the wood rather than be IN it if that makes any sense, but I don't know if that is possible. Suggestions of any kind would be appreciated.

Jon Jantz
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Hanna, normally you can right click on the image in Designer and hit "Invert Pattern" which will reverse the way it is carved... In other words it will change something from going down in the wood to sticking up...

HOWEVER... with your design, the original is very low resolution and pixellated. This gives you a rough and not very detail carving pattern, with a lot of trash pixels around the outside of the design, etc. When you invert it, you will see all that appear as a ragged edge around the outside of the design...

Can you find this logo as a nice clean, crisp high resolution picture? If you start out with a quality image, your end result will look much nicer...

Hope that all made sense!! 8)