PDA

View Full Version : How do I....?

sjwilson57
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I just purchased a new CarveWright CNC Router and am attempting to make a Mancala Game Board. I have drawn out the board in the software, but I would like to taper the pockets. I would like to know how to do this within the software; can someone give me some hints. The pockets need to be tapered from the outside of the pocket to the inside.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

fwharris
10-06-2012, 12:44 AM
For your pocket assign a domed surface and invert it. If you have the 2d/3d new software the puffing tool and bubble makes a lot better pocket.

DickB
10-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I was not able to get the dome function to do what I wanted on a project. I made some patterns including dome and cylinder patterns. I think they may work for you. I threw them together to illustrate how the two can be used to layout a mancala board. Take a look at how the patterns are grouped, and note that the dome patterns are "clipped". This is done to properly merge the patterns together to get the desired result. I did not take a lot of care in laying this board out; I just wanted to illustrate how the patterns can be pasted together. You may want to resize the patterns. Ask if you need help in doing this.

sjwilson57
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I ended up using the feathering tool and it worked OK, but I think the puffing tool and bubble would work better.

Thanks,

Steve

myshop1044
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Steve, using DickB's MPC I tried a circle equal to dia. of the hole, with snap on and they have to match the dia. then apply a 90 deg 'V" bit
about 1/16, 1/8 etc to the circle and you can get a taper around the hole, if that is what you are looking for.