PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Pressure from rollers.

JBarr
01-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I spoke with CW tech support today and he mentioned about checking the spacers between the spring and the handle ...? I removed the handle and I do not see any spacers, maybe that is my trouble. He stated that each spacer will add about 10 pounds of pressure. I am only getting about 50 lbs downward pressure. Could anyone provide a description where the spacers are exactly?

I have in this order: screw,washer,handle,spring. He said the spacers can be obtained locally. What are the dimensions of the spacer?

menewfy
01-30-2007, 01:56 PM
well that is interesting to know some poeple were concerned about how much pressure would be applied so in turn if you take away spacers you would decrease pressure on the item scanned.

interesting
tim

JBarr
01-30-2007, 02:07 PM
When the pressure falls below a certain minimum, it does not detect that you have a board loaded.

Dan-Woodman
01-30-2007, 04:10 PM
i THINK THEY MIGHT BE REFURRING TO THE WASHERS, IF YOU ADD MORE WASHERS IT WILL PUT MORE TENSION ON THE SPRING THEREFORE PUT MORE PRESURE ON THE ROLLERS.
aLSO IF YOU HAVE A DIGITAL BATH SCALE PUT IT IN YOUR MACHINE AND CRANK THE ROLLERS DOWN ON IT. BE SURE TO ZERO IT OUT BEFORE THE ROLLERS TOUCH IT.
SHOULD BE ABOUT 80 LBS.
TAKE THE HANDLE OFF AND ADD A WASHER NEXT TO THE SPRING.

menewfy
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
I see well it was worth a thought.

good luck
Tim

swhitney
01-30-2007, 06:36 PM
i THINK THEY MIGHT BE REFURRING TO THE WASHERS, IF YOU ADD MORE WASHERS IT WILL PUT MORE TENSION ON THE SPRING THEREFORE PUT MORE PRESURE ON THE ROLLERS.
aLSO IF YOU HAVE A DIGITAL BATH SCALE PUT IT IN YOUR MACHINE AND CRANK THE ROLLERS DOWN ON IT. BE SURE TO ZERO IT OUT BEFORE THE ROLLERS TOUCH IT.
SHOULD BE ABOUT 80 LBS.
TAKE THE HANDLE OFF AND ADD A WASHER NEXT TO THE SPRING.

A bath scale... hmmmm. And my wife thought a stereo, computer, and TV in the workshop was extravagant........

nice idea tho. will keep it in mind whilst I eagerly await the delivery of MY machine on Monday (??? fingers crossed, hope all will be well with it....)

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Dan,

The scale idea is GREAT !!!!

AL

Dan-Woodman
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Not my idea When I first got my machine , I had trouble with the rollers not putting enough presure on the wood, so cw tech suggested it.

smartalecy
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I've seen posts about not enough pressure on the rollers, but I have the opposite. The clutch doesn't disengage until I have too much pressure on the board. It causes an error to check the board, I guess because it may be too much pressure to roll it back and forth. I can't get 5 clicks out of the clutch, only one or two...and that's at too much pressure. What may be my problem? If I just crank it down until the rollers are compressed, it doesn't give me that error, but the clutch doesn't click. Also, I am getting SEVERAL board sensor errors. On a piece of pine painted white, it reads 66, after blowing it with the air compressor and wiping it several times. 66 is the highest I can get. Is it a bad board sensor?

pkunk
02-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I've seen posts about not enough pressure on the rollers, but I have the opposite. The clutch doesn't disengage until I have too much pressure on the board. It causes an error to check the board, I guess because it may be too much pressure to roll it back and forth. I can't get 5 clicks out of the clutch, only one or two...and that's at too much pressure. What may be my problem? If I just crank it down until the rollers are compressed, it doesn't give me that error, but the clutch doesn't click. Also, I am getting SEVERAL board sensor errors. On a piece of pine painted white, it reads 66, after blowing it with the air compressor and wiping it several times. 66 is the highest I can get. Is it a bad board sensor?
There's lots here in other threads about board sensor.Search. The clutch discs are behond the crank. CW tech had me remove the crank and put a little white grease on the clutches.. Simple job. Check w/ scale.

The Bard
02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
after removing the handle... I use a small flathead to pull the clutch from the gear. Then I use the same flat head (or better yet, a syringe *sp?*) and get the grease behind the clutch.

try greasing the guidepoles and crank shafts as well.