PDA

View Full Version : outlining and cutting pattern

nuchie
09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't outline and cut this. I want to cut the dotted line at the top

AskBud
09-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I can't outline and cut this. I want to cut the dotted line at the top

56145Just extend your dotted line, so it exits the design (top & bottom, in your case).
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Another option is to just select the line and make it a Vector Cut by selecting the 1/8 inch cutting bit. I would use multi pass cutting and NOT use tabs... What I did for the curved top on the Wine Rack was to make the curve a vector cut in a 4 pass to depth. I left the ENDS short of the edge of the board to HOLD the piece on the end. I later cut if off with saw and sanded it smooth....

I use my CW to cut handles for my Fireman Accountability Tag Boards. Using the Line Tools, and Arc Tools it is easy to make the fancy curve top sign blanks using a Cut Path WITH Tabs.

A little trick I found that works GREAT for making Complex Outlines... Like the 2 clocks... Make Rectangles and Circles on a blank board and make them CARVE REGIONS and overlap them. Then Select all of them and OUTLINE.... Delete the first shapes and turn the outline into a Cut Path.... You can use the Break Vortex tool... If that is the name.... To add to the Cut Path.... Once you get your outline your set....

Good Luck,

AL

The Deer is 2 sided and was hand outlined with line segments and curves. When the final outline was done I made it a carve region and outlined it... This made for a cleaner outline. The First hand drawn outline had hundreds of points.... I would make a 14 x 14 inch in Designer to make it as big as possible. Then Shrink the actual deer down to size. This made for a cleaner cut. That Deer and the 2010 Craft Show was my last as the Fire Business picked up so much...