PDA

View Full Version : combining images.

sail
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I've a birthday deadline this weekend and am trying to complete this for chopper pilot. I found the "right " mermaid now trying to add a helicopter to the image. I'm left with a ridge around the image of the helicopter.

I didn't save the work in "my favorites" as appears on the right side of the designer screen. Rather, it's saved in a separate MPC file each time I click "save as" .

I've tried to take the combined images to "pattern editor" and I can't seem to get the image to transfer there. Clicking "file" ... "edit"... "from file" takes me to the main library of incomplete raw images. Clicking "from clipboard" doesn't direct me anywhere.

Right clicking does not open pattern editor.

I've tried different depths and heights for the chopper image but the border remains. I thought I might be able to use the eraser but in the current format, eraser, paint brush etc. are hidden.

Given the nature of the photo, I'd rather not post the MPC file here. I will email it to an adult who believes that they can help remove the offensive border around the helicopter but not address the mermaids ...attributes.

Any takers ?

chief2007
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
When you are in designer and have the project open - scroll over to the tools tab at the top when it opens scroll to the bottom and click on extract patterns. You should then be able to open the pattern and edit it afterwards.

sail
09-25-2012, 05:28 PM
OK. Thanks. I've clicked extract pattern. I cannot tell where it went...if anywhere. Would it have moved into "favorites"? When I right click, it foes offer a menu but none of the selections seems to be appropriate. Double left clicking, which would normally open the pattern editor also does nothing.

Maybe there is a way to use "clip carving" tool to eliminate the unwanted ridge..? I've tried sinking the helicopter down, raising it up, nothing seems to work.

chief2007
09-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes it will be under favorites, most likely under a folder named after your project

sail
09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes it will be under favorites, most likely under a folder named after your project

Not there. It appears that there are several favorite files under the blue shell. None contain the MPC file I want.

If I understood, all I had to do was click "export image". I did not have to tell the image where it should go correct?

chief2007
09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
The pattern will be there not the actual mpc, then you can open the pattern in pattern editor and edit it.

Pm me your email and I will contact you and you can send me the image you want to edit