PDA

View Full Version : The Condiment Caddy - Project of the Month OCTOBER 2012

mtylerfl
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for OCTOBER 2012)... The Condiment Caddy!
The Condiment Caddy makes an attractive addition to the table to hold your favorite sauces and condiments. The project also makes an excellent gift for friends and relatives! The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The overall finished dimensions of the assembled project are approximately 13.5" long x 9.75" deep x 9" tall.

Main Items you will need...

1) The Project Files (included):
• Caddy_Panels.mpc
• Caddy_Handle.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Panels: 0.75" x 11" x 29"
Handle: 0.75" x 9" x 21"

Cut the following piece to size (not an mpc)
Box Bottom: .75" x 8.25" x 10.5"

(NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above, or if you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the length of the board and have the sled provide the extra 7" required)

3) Clamps, wood glue, sandpaper, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice. (A couple of the photos of the sample has no finish applied...one shows the finished Condiment Caddy)

Here's what I used on the Condiment Caddy made from Select Pine:

MAIN BOX Portion
• Two coats of thinned Zinnser Bulls Eye Seal Coat
(50% denatured alcohol and 50% Seal Coat), sanding after each coat
• Two coats full-strength Zinnser Bulls Eye Seal Coat
• Several coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic gloss

HANDLE
• Rustoleum Ultimate Wood Stain - American Walnut
• Several coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic gloss

Bigtyme
09-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Looks great, Michael. Can't wait to give it a go. Looks like some Christmas presents will be taken care of :)....

b.sumner47
09-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice job,Michael. I will probably go with the painting a little different. Maybe brightin it up.

Capt Barry

mtylerfl
09-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you! I ran out of time to put a finish on mine (I'm in AZ right now, but had to get the POM done before I left...won't be back to the office/shop until Oct 1st).

I was thinking I might apply two or three coats of Bullseye Sealcoat (full-strength) then apply a Golden Pecan or Gunstock stain as a glaze (brush-on, wipe-off), then apply several spray coats of Krylon clear. This technique would compliment my Bread Crib finish, so I am leaning towards this.

Another idea I had is apply some Sculpt Nouveau metallics and patinas...yet another is to apply paints, Bullseye Sealcoat, then stain over the painted/sealed surface (like a glaze), then spray Krylon clear. Oh, so many possibilities!

It's still "waiting" at home for me, so I am trying to decide before I get back!

b.sumner47
09-25-2012, 10:44 PM
I knew you had it in you, all the time, Michael. Have a safe trip and thanks for showing us the previews for next month.

Capt Barry

henry1
09-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank you! I ran out of time to put a finish on mine (I'm in AZ right now, but had to get the POM done before I left...won't be back to the office/shop until Oct 1st).

I was thinking I might apply two or three coats of Bullseye Sealcoat (full-strength) then apply a Golden Pecan or Gunstock stain as a glaze (brush-on, wipe-off), then apply several spray coats of Krylon clear. This technique would compliment my Bread Crib finish, so I am leaning towards this.

Another idea I had is apply some Sculpt Nouveau metallics and patinas...yet another is to apply paints, Bullseye Sealcoat, then stain over the painted/sealed surface (like a glaze), then spray Krylon clear. Oh, so many possibilities!

It's still "waiting" at home for me, so I am trying to decide before I get back!
When is pom going to be availible on the carvewright progect so I can purchase it

ladjr
09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Another great project. Can't wait to try it. Have a safe trip.

mtylerfl
09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
When is pom going to be availible on the carvewright progect so I can purchase it

Hi Henry,

The POM's are ususally available for individual purchase within a few days of release to POM Subscribers, so I expect it will be available the first week of October in the Store.

Another great project. Can't wait to try it. Have a safe trip.

Thank you, Leo! We have our first concert tonight at the Elk's Club...it's a benefit concert where all proceeds go to a local group that supports a Women's Shelter. I think we play from 7:30 pm to around midnight tonight. Two more concerts after that, then we'll all be heading back home.

BobC33
10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
When is this October POM coming out? Haven't received mine yet!

mtylerfl
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
When is this October POM coming out? Haven't received mine yet!

Maybe Connie will see this and can confirm whether or not the project emails have already been sent out...

I'm pretty sure it's already been released since I have seen it in the CW Store (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=24105&cat=261&page=2). If you have an email Spam Filter/Mailbox, check it to see if the POM notification is in there...if not, perhaps calling CarveWright might be in order just to make sure you weren't 'missed' somehow.

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I sent them out Monday around 5:30 cst.

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
If you did not receive the email (or can't find it), just log into your customer account and download it from there.

Connie

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 03:46 PM
If you did or did not receive the email, please let me know. There may be something changed in the system that kept these emails from going out, however they do appear to have been issued into your customer accounts.

Connie

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Bob:

I sent it to you about 45 minutes ago. Did you get it then?

SharonB
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Connie... I did not get the Oct. POM. I do see that the authorization has been posted to my account though.

chebytrk
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Same here. I haven't received anything yet either.

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
So, I suppose no one got the carversclub emails either. Hmmmm.

$20 of carvetight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladjr
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I have not received the POM either

lynnfrwd
10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
All Project of the Month Subscribers can go into their Customer Account login (top right corner of website) and download this months POM. They did all get processed, just the emails didn't go through.

We have our IT company & software engineers looking into it, as it is evidently effecting Password Recovery and Order emails as well.

If you place an order for patterns, collections or projects, please write down the software serial key (activation code) that it gives you on the screen as it won't come via email. Once activated, you can download them from your Customer Accounts.

Will get this back up as soon as possible.

Connie

Smoken D
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Didn't get mine through e-mule, but was able to download it OK.

ladjr
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks Connie, I was so busy I didn't even realize I hadden received it.

mtylerfl
10-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I finished up my Condiment Caddy today and updated the very 1st post in this thread with another photo and description of the finish I applied. (click the link below to view the new photo and finish description)

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?21520-The-Condiment-Caddy-Project-of-the-Month-OCTOBER-2012&p=186412#post186412

b.sumner47
10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks, Michael ! Looking forward to putting it togeather.

Capt Barry

rcdages
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I have not received my POM.

lynnfrwd
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Robert - log into your Customer Account and download it from there.

The email server was messed up when I sent them out and now I can't resend them without it taking another month from you.

They have all been added to your Customer Account. (at least that part worked correctly)

Gean
10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Okay, guess I'm brain damaged. I'm signed in...went to upper right corner of the screen...looked in all tabs for my POM (Gean, Notifications, My Profile, and My Settings). Little more guidance for this slow user, please!

Gean

SharonB
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Gean.... go to the main CW page... not this page, then the upper right hand corner. It's there you will find Your Account information.

Gean
10-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks Sharon.....had done that once before but went brain dead this time.

Gean