PDA

View Full Version : Designer

ONLY WINGE
09-23-2012, 06:16 PM
:( Sure hope someone can help me. I can not get designer to work. I can open a new project but none on file. Everytime I try to open my saved folder a window appears very quickly and dissapears at this point nothing in designer will work. If I try to open the folder going through file at the top left something that looks like Japanese goes accros the top where file,edit,drawing,carving layout and the rest should be, at this point I have to shut it down and reopen it but still the same. PLEASE HELP Jim

chief2007
09-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Try running it as administrator.

ONLY WINGE
09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
You lost me how is that done? Jim

badbert
09-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Right click on designer, a menu will open, click on "run as administrator"

ONLY WINGE
09-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I opened it up ok under administrator,but I can not save a project or open my folder. Each time I try to open the folder a black circle with a line through it come up and again I have to shut it down nothing will work.I am very nwe at this but I have carved around 24 projects with no trouble till know. Very frustrated have been trying to figure this out for about a week before I bothered anyone.Do you think that if I reinstalled designer that might work? I am afrade of loosing a lot of patterens and saved projects. Jim

AskBud
09-23-2012, 07:36 PM
It's possible that your PC, somehow, got changed on what attempts to open these files.
Try this:
Go to a Pattern or MPC file, Right cilck the file-name, and click on "Open-with" and select GUI.
If this works, do the proceess again, but this time check the option to always open using this program.
AskBud

ONLY WINGE
09-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I can not open the saved file to get a any pattern in the file or save to a file it will not open.It ither goes to a blank screen or to the frreign looking language. Jim

AskBud
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
While you are at your computer, call LHR on Monday.
AskBud