PDA

View Full Version : Before and After project

BobC33
01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Here is one of my projects that I have been working on. I've had my CW for about a week now and have encountered no problems even after making 7 projects with about 11 hours of run time. I really like this machine and am still wating for my bits that I ordered. Still trying to fine tune the picutres I use. Might look better if I set my depth to 1/8" instead of 1/4". Have included pics of before and after using gold leaf on this project.

GIZMO1D1
01-29-2007, 07:12 PM
:shock:
very nice!!...like the layout and pitures are great..

how is the gold leaf applyed..

keep up the wonderful work...bet the kid were in shock!./.

the giz

BobC33
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I ordered the gold leaf kit from Dick Blick Art Supplies (www.dickblickcom) Kit was 11.99 applied glue from kit to surface I wanted gold leafed waited 30 minutes then took the gold leaf applied to wax paper and pressed over the image, then used a small paint brush to smooth out the wrinkles and make sure all surfaces were covered then applied the sealer over the gold leaf. After all was done I sprayed clear laquer over the entire surface. It;s okay but not exactly to my liking have to work on the photos to get more detail and less depth on the black areas (ie, eyes, hair) might try a 1/8" depth instead of 1/4" i have been using.