PDA

View Full Version : Converting Pics

nuchie
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm using corel draw X5. How can I convert my designs to use with carvewright?

mtylerfl
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm using corel draw X5. How can I convert my designs to use with carvewright?

Depends on what you want to accomplish. You've asked a broad question.

If you simply want to get your CorelDRAW vector outlines into the Designer software, export your Corel vectors as DXF (I export as AutoCAD 2004 DXF when using Corel X3). Of course, you must own the CarveWright DXF Importer license to be able to import those vectors into Designer. I am laying out a project right now, and that's exactly how I get the vectors from Corel into Designer. Easy.

dbfletcher
09-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Or you can export to Adobe Illustrator v. 8 or lower and use ai2mpc (free). See this thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17122-ai2mpc&highlight=ai2mpc

mtylerfl
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Or you can export to Adobe Illustrator v. 8 or lower and use ai2mpc (free). See this thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17122-ai2mpc&highlight=ai2mpc

True, but the CarveWright DXF Importer is hands-down easier to use and much, much more flexible in how the vectors are imported! I LOVE it! Streamlines my work like nothing else can.

dbfletcher
09-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Really??? I also have the dxf importer, but i still have not found a way to assign bits, depths, and drill holes at the time of dxf creation. If you have found a way to do any of those things with the dxf importer, I'd love to hear about it.

From my perspective, dxf importer does do some things better and more convenient the ai2mpc, but there are also some things it seems only ai2mpc can do.

mtylerfl
09-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Really??? I also have the dxf importer, but i still have not found a way to assign bits, depths, and drill holes at the time of dxf creation. If you have found a way to do any of those things with the dxf importer, I'd love to hear about it.

From my perspective, dxf importer does do some things better and more convenient the ai2mpc, but there are also some things it seems only ai2mpc can do.

With the CW DXF Importer you don't assign any carving tasks at all until after the DXF's are on the board, and you have had a chance to review them, etc. That's the way ...uh-huh...uh-huh...I like it ...uh-huh...uh-huh :)

PCW
09-21-2012, 06:01 PM
With the CW DXF Importer you don't assign any carving tasks at all until after the DXF's are on the board, and you have had a chance to review them, etc. That's the way ...uh-huh...uh-huh...I like it ...uh-huh...uh-huh :)

Oh Michael... Your killing me here. LOL Have a good time in AZ.

mtylerfl
09-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh Michael... Your killing me here. LOL Have a good time in AZ.

Just warmin' up!:)

Thank you - it's gonna be fun!