PDA

View Full Version : Clown Board

chebytrk
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
OK.... So here is what I call my Clown Board. Going to hang it up in the "Clown Barn" where Shriner clowns have their meetings. I figured they needed a little something to brighten it up. I've got to say that I've really enjoyed being a part of the Clown Unit. It's not only fun, but it really feels good when we see kids laugh and smile. Last weekend we went to Shreveport, LA Shriner Hospital and it was great. Some of the kids were in pretty bad shape, but when they saw the clowns come in, they all had a blast. Some were a little hesitant at first, but when they saw my puppet buddy (wood chip) they got a kick out of him. Of course they did keep calling him Elmo, but that's OK. Soon we'll be headed to Galveston to the Shriner Burn Hospital and then to Houston Shriner Orthopedic Hospital. Hey this is almost as much fun as goin' Cow Tippin'. LOL
So....... next week we start the Texas State Fair parade (EVERY NITE) and I just hope I can hang tuff. ha Wish me luck!

TerryT
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Keep it up Jerry. Thats a wonderful thing to do. Good luck!

ladjr
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Great job Jerry. You get the best kind of happyness from helping others.

SharonB
09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Those are quite the duds your wearing....children like bright colors and you are one big rainbow of color. On a side note... great sign too.

b.sumner47
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Reel nice job on the sign, Jerry. Thanks for the work you and the shrinners are doing for the kid's. Smiles go along way toward healing. Just another unsung Hero !!!

Capt Barry

badbert
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Great Sign!! And a heartwarming story! Much respect for you and what you do! There is a special place in heaven for people like you.