PDA

View Full Version : My job went wild! drive belt motor runs continuously.

Bmac
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
It started out to be an easy project, just a prototype for the base of a desk nameplate. About 1 minute into the job, the cutting bit headed for home without raising from the work, so I've got a nice path carved through the test piece.

I panicked and turned off the power. Now, when I turn on the machine, I get the 1) Project menu prompt, the drive motor continues to run and if I try to access any of the projects it tells me the card is corrupt!

I've re-formatted the card and called Carvewright support, but of course, they're already closed for the day.

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with this (other than waiting for morning) :D

HandTurnedMaple
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Did you try unplugging the machine after turning it off and removing the memory card?

Bmac
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
That was the first thing I tried. I figured that powering it off would force a reset, but no luck.

HandTurnedMaple
01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll keep answering until someone with a clue steps in.

Try using compressed air around the sensors and connectors. Also check all of your electrical connections are tight.

Bmac
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I've taken the side covers off, blown / wiped everything clean and no luck. I'll be callig tech support again this morning. Thanks for the effort!

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a bad position encoder, broken wire, or stepper driver. All of which would require a shipping box either to you with a part or the unit to them. I have replaced transistors in stepper drivers before and encoders so this is a classic symptom. (Not on a CarveWright) But better to get the expert opinion at CarveWright.

AL

Bmac
01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with tech support and it's gotta take the long trip home. :cry:

On the bright side (as was pointed out to me), this is a TOTALLY NEW issue that they've never seen before.

I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket!

Thanks for the replies. :)

swhitney
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
On the bright side (as was pointed out to me), this is a TOTALLY NEW issue that they've never seen before.

hmmmm... not sure I like the "totally new issue" thing. Does the solution to a problem just change the problem???

The Bard
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I want my cut if you win.

Digitalwoodshop
02-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey Bard,

Let us know what it was if you hear.

AL