PDA

View Full Version : Fonts

ONLY WINGE
09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
:confused: Can someone please help, I have tried several ways to import fonts to use in designer and am at a loss. I do have the DXL and STL importers but have not had much time to play and figure out. Realy would like to
use some fonts. Thank You for any help Jim

lawrence
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Download fonts from one of the many sites out there, and then install them. On windows 7 you right click and then click on "install". Once the font is loaded on your computer it will be in the designer software AFTER YOU RESTART DESIGNER.

If you aren't using windows 7 there are other ways to install the fonts- google "install font in windows vista (or whatever your operating system is) and that should get you the answer fairly quickly.

I hope this helps, and let us know if it doesn't clear it up for you- we'll get ya there!

Lawrence

chebytrk
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM
No need to import fonts. The fonts you have installed on your PC should pop up in Designer. Just install more fonts on your PC. You might need to exit and restart Designer again after you install the fonts on hour PC in order to see them on your drop down menu in Designer.

Oops, Lawrence beat me to the answer. LOL.

lawrence
09-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Gotcha by a minute!

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

chebytrk
09-18-2012, 06:16 AM
speaking of fonts.... Seems like a recall something about a site where one can import a font pic (or something like that) to see what that font type (name) is?

lynnfrwd
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Thread is a sticky under Getting Started > Online Tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2012, 10:05 AM
And along that line, IF you design a project with a Font and send the file to another CW User and He does not have that font on the HIS computer it will show up on your font list when selecting the word between existing fonts. He will need to load the font on his computer to be able to cut that font.

SO any font you load on your computer can be used in any application from Word to Excell....

Many years ago ChrisAlb and I were swapping Projects, He designed the signs and I cut the sign then He Painted them.... This was before the change in Designer and the Font was Substitute and I did not know until I cut and delivered them to ChrisAlb.... The Change in Designer made years ago prevents that problem. But you still need to have the Font loaded to cut it.

AL

chebytrk
09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Gracias Seņorita ! :)

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Thread is a sticky under Getting Started > Online Tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk