PDA

View Full Version : need help with angles

jaustin
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
making a pattern and can not figure out how to change the angle since the angle section box in the toolbar wont change.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/gunracksonline/cutouts.png

How do I change the angle?

badbert
09-16-2012, 10:02 PM
That is because it is a vector? I am sure there are better ways... but here is my method. Create the shape you want in a paint program, like Gimp or Paint. Import it as a pattern. Set it to your desired angle. Then outline the pattern to get your path. Then delete the pattern and copy and paste the path. This should get you within sanding distance!

lawrence
09-16-2012, 10:41 PM
another option is to highlight the vector, group it, create a pattern from it, bring the pattern(s) in and then change the angle on them. You can then use "outline" on the pattern and then delete the pattern itself... again, not terribly user friendly but it works

Lawrence

jaustin
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM
That is because it is a vector? I am sure there are better ways... but here is my method. Create the shape you want in a paint program, like Gimp or Paint. Import it as a pattern. Set it to your desired angle. Then outline the pattern to get your path. Then delete the pattern and copy and paste the path. This should get you within sanding distance!

Thanks
worked perfect, is there any way i can turn off the measurements so if i change one dimension the other one doesn't automatically change?

jaustin
09-17-2012, 12:09 AM
another option is to highlight the vector, group it, create a pattern from it, bring the pattern(s) in and then change the angle on them. You can then use "outline" on the pattern and then delete the pattern itself... again, not terribly user friendly but it works

Lawrence

thanks Lawrence, but i did get confused. need to find my manual.

badbert
09-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Thanks
worked perfect, is there any way i can turn off the measurements so if i change one dimension the other one doesn't automatically change? You can do it manually, by dragging the yellow dots. But when a pattern is on an angle the measurements are relative to the rectangle created, not necessarily the pattern. I know that the cutpath is .008 larger. But that is a very small number... Do a test cut first and see how close it is. There should be a way to use inset...