PDA

View Full Version : Error Code E05-0303 Y Axis Stall

fasteddie58
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know what I need to look for to fix this?

Thanks!

Ed

easybuilt
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Here is your error code list.
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/maintenance/CW_ErrorCodeList_10_10.pdf
How many hours on the Y motor? Check you Y movement and see if it is smooth.

fwharris
09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Ed,

If you could post what the machine was doing when you got the error it will give us a better clue.

This is what the troubleshooting guide (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf) says about the error 05

E05 - Y axis stall (Normal)
Possible Causes
A Y-axis stall is caused when the difference between the commanded distance becomes much
more than the actual distance over the allotted time interval. An easy example of this would
be putting your hand on the cutting truck and preventing it from moving during an operation.
The computer is commanding it (and expecting it to move a certain distance in a given time
interval) but your hand is preventing it from moving; or stalling the movement. A stall does
not have to be a physical obstacle to movement. For instance if a power lead to the motor was
broken then the motor would not move when commanded and the computer would record a
stall.
Possible Causes
Causes include: obstacles blocking the movement of the cutting head, outdated firmware,
faulty electrical circuit in the shop, and electrical short in the machine, a loose connector, a
faulty power supply, or a cut motor that is not spinning.

I just completed a set of litho carves and had the error come up a couple of times. What I narrowed it down to was a dull carving bit.

cestout
09-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Things to check: with the power off, can you easily slide the Y truck? If it will not move easily and you have around 250 hours on your machine you need to check the Y fear shaft bearings. Does it "dance" an the way over to touch the bit plate? Take the sweepers off the Y rollers, put a finger on them two at a time and move the truck. You should feel them roll. But the easiest way is to just pull the Y truck off (you should have the "flat wrench" needed to rotate the cam on the top rollers (right rollers for the Z truck). I always lay a couple of paper shopping bags over the traction belts to protect them and to keep parts from loosing parts. If you have the truck removed you can check the Y gear by trying to wiggle it side to side. If you can, rebuild the gear box $26 if you get all the parts from LHR) Check the rollers and free them with WD40. The second time you do this it sill take you less than 1/2 hour. If you know the rollers are the problem, with bags protecting yur belts, you can squirt WD40 between the truck body and the rollers to free them. I have done this in mid carve, like when truck can't get over the the bit plate when installing the cutting bit.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Good Job... Maytag Repairman waiting to see what He finds and posts again..

2008 Join, 5 Posts, How many hours on the machine? What was it doing as it failed.... Doing the nose dive down to the brass roller side of the machine? Could be a old 18 pin FSC Cable that is bad....? What kind of Chuck? What Bit used at fail? As in 1/8 inch bit installed in a ROCK Chuck too long....

AL