PDA

View Full Version : Driveway address post

rncurrie
09-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Living in the country we have a very dark road so to help find the drive I carved this post and put a solar light on top. Now we have an address out front and a light at the end of the driveway.

SharonB
09-13-2012, 07:02 PM
A very nice "Light At The End Of The Road." With the days getting shorter and shorter it will certain be a welcome addition to your home.

easybuilt
09-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I love it! What a beautiful and simple idea. Thanks for sharing, I think my driveway needs one.

TerryT
09-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Richard, that is a great project!

Also that open area on the right would be a great place to fly a 1/4 scale Pitts Special!

ladjr
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Great idea. I noticed what looks like a Metro in the drive way. Does it run. Cool car

rcdages
09-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Very nice job on your driveway address post.

Digitalwoodshop
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
It is a GREAT PROJECT !!!! Well Done......

A word of Caution.... I believe you used the new Pressure Treated that has a Copper type of wood preservative in the wood. Older Pressure Treated +6 years old has a Arsenic Preservative.

The new Copper stuff is NASTY to Metal, especially ROLLER RAILS and the 4 Vertical Slide Rails and Jacking Screws....

TO build with it, you are required to use double hot dipped lag screws and bolts or Stainless Steel.... This new Pressure Treated EATS Metal.... In about 10 years you will be seeing lots of press about Failures of Pressure Treated Steps and Decks as during the Transition Period when I was working at the local Lumber Company, MANY old Carpenters blew off having to buy the more expensive hardware.... Said they would be dead before it failed...

SO I highly recommend taking time to clean your machine and scrub all exposed metal like the Roller Rails, Vertical Rails and Jacking Screws and apply Lubricant to neutralize the effect of the Copper Acid.... IF not.... You will find a MESS of CORROSION....

Nice Project !!!!!

AL

My sign install this morning. Letters are Outline Text, Modern Font a single stroke font, a 3/8 end mill bit, .1 deep, 2.25 high. Smaller Text use a 1/4 inch end mill and larger text use a 1/2 or 3/4 inch end mill bit. Be SURE it has cutters on the bottom as in a PLUNGE BIT.