PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo - neverending sale! ;)

mathman
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Just received an e-mail about the Jamboree and the 10% discount to join Carver's Club. Evidently the discount is neverending - that is what the "Discount Expires September 31, 2012" means, isn't it? :mrgreen:

lynnfrwd
09-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Oops!

Someone needs to check their calendar.

lynnfrwd
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Thirty days has September, April, June, and November, All the rest have thirty-one, Excepting February alone
Which only has but 28 days clear And 29 in each leap year

karossii
09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Thirty days has September, April, June, and November, All the rest have thirty-one, Excepting February alone
Which only has but 28 days clear And 29 in each leap yearThis version always sounds incomplete/wrong to me... I am used to the slightly longer variant;

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have thirty-one,
no exceptions, but save one:
twenty-eight hath February,
but from this we still must vary
each four years when we do find
a small leap to twenty-nine.

Of course there are dozens of others too...

LittleRedWoodshop
09-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Does that mean that week has 2 Saturdays or Sundays? That equates to an extra day of fishing right?

DickB
09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Could never remember that rhyme. Make two fists and place your hands together, with your thumbs touching each other and your knuckles in a line. Start reciting the months with January on your leftmost knuckle and February in a recess between knuckles, and keep going, knuckle, recess, etc. Knuckle months are 31 days, recess months are fewer.

Deolman
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Thirty days has September
All the rest I can't remember.
Why bother with them at all,
When there's a calendar on the wall?

Smoken D
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Sounds like CarveWright is giving all of us an extra day this year to do some carving!:D

dltccf
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Could never remember that rhyme. Make two fists and place your hands together, with your thumbs touching each other and your knuckles in a line. Start reciting the months with January on your leftmost knuckle and February in a recess between knuckles, and keep going, knuckle, recess, etc. Knuckle months are 31 days, recess months are fewer.

The knuckle method has always worked for me too. Although I learned it with one hand, jumping back from the pinky knuckle to the pointer knuckle from July to August.

dave