PDA

View Full Version : need some help with a Lithopane carveing

joe4800
09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
i have a picture of my truck i like to carve but in the picture i like to just have my truck in the pic and cut out the background can this be done and how do you do it so i can learn how 55827

fwharris
09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
You will need to edit your picture in either the pattern editor (comes with the probe) or a photo editing software to remove the background. If you do not have a photo software try paint.net, it is a free software with lots of great tools.

joe4800
09-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I have the pattern editor from my scan probe but how do i editi the background to just have my truck in the pic

fwharris
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I have the pattern editor from my scan probe but how do i editi the background to just have my truck in the pic

In pattern editor, got to "file",, "import image", bring your image into the editor. Use the eraser tool to remove the back ground. Note: the left side is what your pattern will look like, the right side is the one you edit on. When selecting the "erase tool" make sure the "tool height" is set to "0".

Other option, "rectangle tool", size the rectangle over areas you want to remove and select delete. This is a fast way to get big areas removed. Then use the erase tool to get to the closer in areas.

fwharris
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
All though looking at your picture, I would think doing a litho with the full image would make a great looking one..

joe4800
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys