PDA

View Full Version : My big fingers HAD a hard time removing Memory Card -- SO I

gwizpro
09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I have always had a hard time time gripping the memory card to pull it out.
SO, today I took some Duct Tape and placed it on the end thereby extending the card.
Super easy to get out now......5578455785

atauer
09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey!!!

I have actually seen that done before! It is a very ingenius idea and works great!

(I can say that I have done this myself...)

seathis
09-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Good thinking. Sounds much better than the pliers I've been using. I have to have a very light grip to remove my card with them, and so far it's worked fine. But now I'm going to give the tape a try. Thanks for the idea.

lawrence
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I've done that with mine for a while now but I use blue and white masking tape - this allows me to both have an easy grip and to ID which card is which

Lawrence

Smoken D
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Sounds like a CarveWright Wish List item. Make the card a little longer so guys can grab it a little easier.:-D

TerryT
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I can pull 'em out with my right hand but not the left. My friend Tony used pliers. All five of his cards have nasty dents but they all still work.

Digitalwoodshop
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I have been doing it since about 2008 when another user posted it.. Works Great... I used.... Wait for it.... Fiber Strapping Tape... LOL.... not masking tape... LOL...

AL

CarverJerry
09-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Same problem here too, wish they would redesign it so it was spring loaded, like the memory card in my camera....push it in and releases and pushes itself out where you can grip it better.

dbfletcher
09-06-2012, 06:02 AM
I have been doing it since about 2008 when another user posted it.. Works Great... I used.... Wait for it.... Fiber Strapping Tape... LOL.... not masking tape... LOL...

AL

I'm willing to be the strapping tape was a 3M product tho! Buy more stock!

bluecobra
09-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Same problem here too, wish they would redesign it so it was spring loaded, like the memory card in my camera....push it in and releases and pushes itself out where you can grip it better.

If they made an adapter for the CW to accept SD cards, we wouldn't need the usb card reader. Well, most of us with newer computers probably wouldn't.

Kenm810
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm with AL, I've been use fiber strapping tape since the CW Machines first came out.
I do like the idea of color coding the tape for different carvers or computers, may with colored
markers on the inside if the clear strapping tape that just sticks out of the machine.

I have 4 pristine memory cards out of the bubble wrap that I can use on 3 different computers (yes I did buy another licence)
Color coding the cards to the proper computers will make IDing the cards and computers a snap, and save me from writing and rewriting
notes on the back of the all memory cards to myself.

skeeterman
09-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I have 3 machines and 3 cards and i also have tape on them and they are marked 1 2 and 3 and when i work up something i am gonna carve , i make me a note of what i am gonna carve as well as board size for each card i am using and take all to shop, so as not to get confused as to what is on which card and what size board i need, I am very forgetful and my shop is a long ways down a steep hill from house and computer, to old and to fat to be walking up the hill
steve

liquidguitars
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
yes i use black gaffers tape but make the end longer, makes it quicker to pull out of the dryer after a washing cycle... lol.

TerryT
09-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh, you wash your cards also? I've only done one so far.

badbert
09-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Anything that goes in the washer... becomes property of MOM! The things I had to do to get that card back... LOL

earlyrider
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Evidently cleans the patterns nicely. Do you use the "normal" setting, or the "delicate/optimal"?