PDA

View Full Version : Please check probe?

autobody
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I've been scanning with the probe for a few days now. Every once in a while I get a "check probe" message on the LCD. I don't know what it wants me to check. I lift the lid pull the plug out put it back in, sometimes that works sometimes not. I've also removed the probe and put it back in and sometimes that works and sometimes not. I've also just lifted the lid and put it back down and sometimes that works. Other times I've tried all that to no avail, though if I tap the side of the probe after doing all of the above seems to work for a while.

Why does it do this. I haven't carved anything with the machine yet, just scanning. Kind of disapointing when I set it up for a scan before I go to bed and come back in the morning expecting it to be done and it stopped 10 minutes after I left. Today it seems to scan for a percent or to and display the message again.

Any thoughts on what I can do about this?

Thank you. ~Mike

autobody
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I think I figured out the problem, at least it hasn't done it again today after I used masking tape and taped the lid down.

I'm thinking the lid isn't heavy enough to keep the switches engaged.

Thanks ~Mike

pkunk
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I think I figured out the problem, at least it hasn't done it again today after I used masking tape and taped the lid down.

I'm thinking the lid isn't heavy enough to keep the switches engaged.

Thanks ~Mike
You might be right. I usually run my DC and never have a lid problem. I was scanning w/o the DC on and got the probe thing several times. The next scan I did, I was working in the shop, DC on and the scanner went right on through -4+ hrs.

autobody
01-29-2007, 08:41 PM
You might be right. I usually run my DC and never have a lid problem. I was scanning w/o the DC on and got the probe thing several times. The next scan I did, I was working in the shop, DC on and the scanner went right on through -4+ hrs.

Apparently that's not my problem, the lid was tapped down securely and I just went to check on it and it had the check probe error displayed. I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. The probe is securely installed I even put a little dialectic compound on the probe wire's connection.

I also used some heavy duty spray silicone on the probe pin and wiped it off. I wish the error message was a little more specific.

My shop temperature is around 55° F, do you suppose it's to cold for it?

Thanks ~Mike

autobody
01-30-2007, 02:10 AM
This certainly isn't scientific by any means but I brought my shop temp up to the 70's and I'm not getting the "please check probe" message anymore, maybe 55° is to cool for the probe?

Thanks ~Mike

hetzerguitars
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you ever find what this was? I am getting it.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Take loose the three screws on the bottom of the probe. Pull it apart and clean the contacts. Wipe a VERY small amount of dielectric grease (an imperceptible amount) on the contacts and reassemble.