PDA

View Full Version : Render and bit problems

Liltradingpost
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM
I am having problem with the software. When I change the bit selection for my carve from a 1/16 bit to a 3/16 bit the image shows very poor in the software. It looks fine as its rendering, but once it finishes rendering it looks horrible. My question is: Is this a software glitch or is the bit choice makes that much difference? On a side note, Why does my grid pop up when I open a new document? It didn't use to. Thanks for any help

Sam

55781 55782

fwharris
09-04-2012, 09:45 PM
the difference you are seeing between the two bits is do to the bit choice. the 3/16 has a larger tip so the fine detail will be lost. After the bit change have you tried setting the optimization to best to see if that makes any difference??

Not sure what your talking about "grid" pop up but with the last couple of updates I can no longer just click on a posted ptn or mpc to open it. I have to save and then open it through designer. When I click on to open it seem like it is trying to install designer.

lawrence
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
the effect you are seeing is actually amazing to me-- I can tell when I am able to use the 3/16 bit (when I won't lose to much detail) To me, when that happens it just means that I need to use the 1/16 bit.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. We'd love to hear more about you and your experiences with the CW

Lawrence

Liltradingpost
09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess I need to buy a 1/16 bit for my detail work.

fwharris
09-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess I need to buy a 1/16 bit for my detail work.

You should have one already. It is the one that came with the machine when you bought it..

lawrence
09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
you can see the different bits here
http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=291

What kind of carvewright chuck are you using? (is it the new Carvetight that comes with the "C" versions or an older version?

Lawrence

Liltradingpost
09-05-2012, 09:37 AM
im running the C machine. It only came with the 3/16 carving bit. i bought it new about four months ago.

mtylerfl
09-05-2012, 10:55 AM
im running the C machine. It only came with the 3/16 carving bit. i bought it new about four months ago.

...that doesn't sound right at all...every new machine should have included the tapered 1/16" Carving Bit (not a 3/16" ball nose). Call Tech Support and let them know.

mtylerfl
09-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I am having problem with the software. When I change the bit selection for my carve from a 1/16 bit to a 3/16 bit the image shows very poor in the software. It looks fine as its rendering, but once it finishes rendering it looks horrible. My question is: Is this a software glitch or is the bit choice makes that much difference? On a side note, Why does my grid pop up when I open a new document? It didn't use to. Thanks for any help

Sam

Yes...bigger bits equal less detail.

also...try Using Bit Optimization: BEST (select the pattern, then right-click, choose Bit Optimization: BEST...and/or experiment with all the Bit Optimization settings and choose the optimization that looks the best).

Liltradingpost
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I want to thank everyone for there help. apparently it was operator error. which is funny because im the smartest person I know. LOL. I do have the 1/16 bit. for some odd reason I thought it was the 3/16 bit. for the past month Ive been changing my setting to 3/16. I cant explain why all of the sudden I lost my mind. Im sorry that my first post was a waste of time. Ill call it a test of the great support (even in a moronic state). Thank You all
Sam

lawrence
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Not a problem at all-- I'm not going to throw any stones, I promise! (my glass house would break)

At any rate, welcome again and we would love to hear more about you and the work you do with your carvewright.

V/r

Lawrence

mtylerfl
09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
... I cant explain why all of the sudden I lost my mind...
Sam

Ha! I seem to be saying that to myself more often lately, too. Ummm, I guess that means I'm talking to myself too. Now, I'm getting worried...:)