PDA

View Full Version : Z truck too HOT!

easybuilt
09-03-2012, 10:44 PM
On one of my machines has a high pitch noise, the z truck is getting too hot and the Spindle Flexshaft Assembly is also getting hot from the z truck. Today I switched out the Z truck with two used ones, I also replaced the flexshaft with a used one and replaced the motor. The high pitch noise has decreased but the Z truck is still too hot. I ran the same carve on both of my machines, the bad one was too hot to touch and the other machine with the same carve was still cool. I use the rock on both machines. I talked to "Al Who" tonight and we thought it might be a bad cut motor but after I switched motors I don't think it really helped. Any thoughts??
This is the same machine that had the flex cable break and melt the flex shaft and is the one that the cut motor housing crack about two months ago?
Stan and I worked on it today and I don't know what to do next other than calling LHR tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

fwharris
09-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Tom,

How is the spring in the flex shaft? How many hours? Check for any burrs or thin spots. Does the flex shaft end fit square up and down or is it tilted in the top hat? Does the cut motor speed run at high speed or does it change?

easybuilt
09-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks Floyd, I will check these in the morning. I have about 2000 hours on this machine and The flex shaft is used. I will replace the flex cable in the morning too