PDA

View Full Version : Issue with v60 loading

Canemaker
09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I was in the middle of a project and everything carved great with the carving bit, then it asked for the v60 to do centerline text adn the kickout plate would not kick out and register the v60 bit when it asked to load it. I tried numerous (10) times to no avail. What is the problem. I cleaned and cleaned and that didn't help either.

ladjr
09-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Did you oil it.

AskBud
09-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I was in the middle of a project and everything carved great with the carving bit, then it asked for the v60 to do centerline text adn the kickout plate would not kick out and register the v60 bit when it asked to load it. I tried numerous (10) times to no avail. What is the problem. I cleaned and cleaned and that didn't help either.I think #4 may be the answer you need.
AskBud

Turn the machine off and move the Truck by hand and see if you can accomplish the task with no extreme pressure. There could be several reasons for the contact not to be made, or the plate to move stiffly.

1) The Truck travel may be impeded by dirt on the rail, or in the track. Lube on the track or blowing out the inside of the track may help.
2) The Truck belt may not be tight enough (The adjustment is made by changing the tension on the Right end of the track).
3) The Bit Plate may need a spot of lube.
4) Check for a set of wires to be blocking the Bit Plate movement (They are just beyond the Plate, and should not touch). Move them toward the main cut motor. They actually impede the truck from contacting the Bit (touch) Plate with enough force to move it in place.
5) As a last item, you may have a frozen Y-truck bearing.