PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

Goode-Ideas
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Just got a B rev compucarve/carvewright system off of e-bay. I know it scared the stew out of me too! Then I bought some fine carving bits from Lawrence....thanks.... I did a XYZ and cut motor test everything moves and comes on! Then I checked the load for the head pressure...88lbs. Looked at the cut timer and it has 1hr and 42 min total cut time.:cool: :p :)

I think I better buy some lotto tickets! I am thrilled! Playing with the design software to get ready to make some wood chips next week. Hope to post some updates. I will take any and all advice from this fine forum.

Thanks,
Greg

CNC Carver
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum make sure you read thru tips and tricks for some tips when operating your new machine. Sounds like you got a great deal.

eelamb
08-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello Greg and welcome. I would read all you can, the manuals here http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/support/manuals.php
The maintenance manuals here http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/support/maintenance.php, and tips and tricks here
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/learn/tips.php These will take you a long way. And remember there are a lot of helpful members here ready to help you along the way with your projects, patterns, and CW. If you keep it clean and lubed, you will enjoy the CW.

TerryT
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome Greg! You will enjoy your machine AND this forum.

ladjr
08-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome Greg

You will find this forum very helpful with any problems you may have. Don't be afraid to ask, as one of us has already had the problem. Good luck and have fun.

chief2007
08-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, won't be long until you are a carvoholic like the rest of us.

badbert
08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
My best advice to you... is read read read, and while you are reading, watch askbuds tutorials!!
Then when you are ready to carve, DON'T!!! If that thing is a B, and has only 2 hours on it... it needs a good LUBING!! The rails need to be polished, the bearings need to be freed up, make sure the flexshaft has lube, and make sure there is no rust anywhere. The trucks and rollers should move smoothly and quietly There should be no squeaks or clicks when they move. The most noise should come from the where the bit meets the wood, anywhere else, stop and find out why. A little PMS (preventative maintenance service) will make a big difference in the near future. AND!!! Get a dust collector!! Floyd can hook you up with a nice one. Or there are several other options. But make sure you do! Dust is the enemy! DO you have a carvetight chuck? If you have the quick change make sure you clean and lube it before using. I just lost my first bit, because the fine dust locked my chuck open.
You have found your way here. That is a big step in the right direction. You are about to make some beautiful projects, that will amaze you and your friends and family. SO familiarize yourself with the machine and it's parts. because they are gonna expect you to sound like you know what you're talking about!

Deolman
08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Don't forget the 7 inch rule. You can read about it in the tips and tricks.

easybuilt
08-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Welcome to this awesome group of designers and carvers.

lawrence
08-31-2012, 12:55 AM
glad you made it here and WELCOME! Don't be afraid to ask questions ( I ask PLENTY) and/or post your MPC's for QC'ing before carving. I still hold my breath when I press the enter button :)

Thank for the bit purchase too!

Welcome again,
Lawrence