PDA

View Full Version : This MAY be a very serious problem !

IM2HAPPI
01-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents,
I have a very serious problem arrising and I need to ask for some help here. I just dont know what to do. Ok to start out with, had my machine 6 days now. Had a couple very minor problems and they are in my past now. Machine is running right along like it is suppose to. My problem is....well you guys remember in the beginning I talked hubby into buying this and remember when he told me it was my baby ? Well..... he wanted to use my laptop and I caught him in the designer program. That was Saturday and since than he wont give up my machine. He beat me up this am( out of bed that is :lol: ) to make a pattern and beat me to the shop to get his in. By the was it is now 1:20 and he's had it since 9 am. He even had the nerve to go into one of my patterns and change some things without my permission. I just am wondering have any of you had this problem with a spouce or relative ? It is getting very annoying. Any help solving this problem would be extremely helpful. Oh and one more thing, I see him planing oak, sassafas and all I get is.... stick with the pine till you have it down pat :x

PS Buying another machine is not a option, he says we have to wait till bigger bed comes out.

IM2HAPPI
01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
No takers lol well I left and opened this up, guess this is my only option.

Dear Barbara,
Here is your horoscope
for Monday, January 29:

The more you try to hide from a tough situation, the more difficult it will get. Come up with a plan for how to deal with this, and then walk directly up to your fear. Your perception is more frightening than the reality.

ChipMonk
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Password protect the laptop ;)
Tell him that he can sleep on the couch until a "bigger bed comes out" ;)

Aaron B
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Nope, haven't had that problem. My wife like to look and mess with the designs in the software but that's it. If she wants something, I upload and carve it.

Sounds like you need to hide the memory card!! :)

HandTurnedMaple
01-29-2007, 01:18 PM
It sounds like a communication/gender role issue. Your CW is just a cover for more serious issues. Looks like its time for marriage councelling. In the mean time, I think I should take possession of the machine for safe keeping until this issue is resolved. (Or just change the locks on the garage and rent him time with housework as payment.) :twisted:

GIZMO1D1
01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
maybe share the machine... but have different directorys for your files and his..... you can always delete dup. files after awhile..

wish this was my only problem...lol...ty for the smile!//

the giz

menewfy
01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I think he played it very well sorry for saying so.

Here is how I feel things go when a woman wants something she generally goes around about to get it she does not just ask for it (ok so that is how my wife does it and sometimes I am smart enough to see it coming, most often not)

well in this case it seems he has done it to you he let you believe that you wanted one and he had no interest, then bango yes i said bango he is all over it like white on rice baby.

good luck and make sure you plan it well so if and lets hope not but if it does break down he is using it and not you LOL

Yim

Malfunction
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
my wife likes to design signs and stuff too. i really like it because it shows me there is no resentment for my high dollar purchase. plus she has an eye for design, so when i am making something, she can tell me if it's good or not.

HighTechOkie
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Simple solution, the one who holds the memory card wins : 8)

Rob

ChipMonk
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
They sell additional memory cards here
http://www.carvewright.com/pricing.html

IM2HAPPI
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank you all, I may even use a couple of those ideas. I liked the bigger bed, when CW come out with it, than he can play. Nawwww I will share.
Today I asked him for some help with my psp and he just went :roll: So when he gets tired of making signs than maybe I'll get more time on it. I also think it has something to do with company coming over and googooing over it and he needed to be able to show off something he has made. He's a very good woodworker, I just knew he couldnt resist for very long.
#1 rule...share, you get 1 than I get one will work. After 4 kids it has to be that way lol

KarmaJon
01-29-2007, 09:46 PM
My wife was watching some home improvement show, I came in from the garage and saw a Sears commercial for the "Compu Carve" and I was instantly hypnotized. She started to say something, but I held up my hand in the universal sign of "Please, shut the hell up!" (Emphasis on please!"

Standing mouth agape for some moments after the commercial faded, my most wonderful and worshipful wife said, "Why don't you get it?" I only told her how much it cost once, and she said, "Get it!" And so began my excruciating two-week back-order wait.

Sure, I owe her a couple of pair of Italian made leather boots, but I definitely came out on top with this deal! :D Indeed, compromise seems to work best. I'm just glad my compromise doesn't involve sharing the machine. (Italian boots; big whoop-T-doo!)

The Bard
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
my signature says it all.

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2007, 09:56 AM
When I was in Naples, Italy in the mid 80's they had odd and even driving days because of so much traffic. Could be time for hubby gets odd days of the month and you get even days. Worked in Italy why not here. Then compromise comes in trading time for honey do list projects like that new screen door or painting the bathroom, etc.... Good Luck.

AL

Julie Coffey
02-06-2007, 12:43 AM
LOL Barb I just read your post- too funny. Fortunately for me this is not a problem but I could only imagine. We had a similar issue with computers- and no I don't share. Now everyone has one including the 8 yr old who inherited my old one (with every parental block on it known to man).

Don't know what to tell you girlfriend- but maybe set your alarm clock earlier or hide the card on him <g>.

Julie :wink:

Oh I have it!!!! Remind him that the Compucarve 'supposedly' prefers women and to take it easy or it may PMS on him ::laughs::

menewfy
02-06-2007, 07:27 AM
When I was in Naples, Italy in the mid 80's they had odd and even driving days because of so much traffic. Could be time for hubby gets odd days of the month and you get even days. Worked in Italy why not here. Then compromise comes in trading time for honey do list projects like that new screen door or painting the bathroom, etc.... Good Luck.

AL

did you just call her husband ODD?

IM2HAPPI
02-06-2007, 02:24 PM
did you just call her husband ODD?.. ..How does he know him ? lol

Here is how I feel things go when a woman wants something she generally goes around about to get it she does not just ask for it (ok so that is how my wife does it and sometimes I am smart enough to see it coming, most often not)

HEY !!! How did you know me ??? lol

menewfy
02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
some say i am wise beyond my years, ofcourse that is before they know me!

pwngsd
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Pert near the same exchange happened between my wife and I except her condition was when Sears offered 0% financing. I called Sears and they said, "Sure, would you like to order it?" I looked up at her and didn't have to say a thing. She saw the glow in my eyes. <G> I ordered it on 1/14 and got it within 10 days!

IM2HAPPI
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Twinkle, or glow in your eyes, or a nice smile will win me over anyday. Did you make her anything yet ?