PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP - Please help!

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Hello,

While trying to cut, I received the following error:

Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP

This is very frustrating.

I have reviewed the forum and tried all of the different recommendations - no luck. While it is the same error as others, it seems to happen at a different point. I will explain...

Board is loaded, measured - everything is fine.
1/8 carving bit is installed - everything is fine.
Bit touches down a few times on the wood, bit plate (the one that swings out on the right) - everything is fine.
Bit touches down in the hole to the right of the board (next to the right hand guide) - everything is fine.
Bit touches down on the right hand guide and this is when I get the error every time.

I can press "Stop" and start over but I get the same result. Is there something else I can try? Anything I am missing?

Thanks!
David

chief2007
08-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Sometimes the thickness of the board causes the problem. Look at the MPC board dimensions to make sure they are what your board thickness is. Once I had a board that was thinner than the MPC called for and would get the same problem. I corrected the MPC to match the board and smooth sailing from there.

If your board is less that 1/2 inch make sure you have it on a sled.

fwharris
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
David,

First, is it the 1/16" carving bit?? You stated 1/8"! What chuck are you using?

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I meant 1/8 cutting bit...

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello, thanks for the response. I checked the board thickness and it was off. It was 5/8" and MPC was 3/4. I corrected this in MPC but still the same error at the same place.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

David

Old Salt
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Did the motor start after you put in bit?
Thinking door switch.

RMarkey
08-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Sounds to me like you need to use the 'dime' trick. The aux-roller(tracking roller) touch plate may be busted.

The distance between the aux roller and the sliding plate is fixed... about 1/4" difference, and that's how we determine how far the bit looks to touch the sliding plate.

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Did the motor start after you put in bit?
Thinking door switch.

Yes, the motor started fine after the bit was in. Everything is normal except the last "touch" when sensing the board thickness.

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds to me like you need to use the 'dime' trick. The aux-roller(tracking roller) touch plate may be busted.

The distance between the aux roller and the sliding plate is fixed... about 1/4" difference, and that's how we determine how far the bit looks to touch the sliding plate.

Can you remind me what the "dime trick" is? :)

Thanks,
David

fwharris
08-29-2012, 06:11 PM
On the key board side of the machine, when the bit goes down to touch the plate beside the brass roller. Some have had the bit still spinning and when it lowered it drilled a hole in the plate. If yours is the same then glue a dime on top of the plate for the bit to touch on..

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
On the key board side of the machine, when the bit goes down to touch the plate beside the brass roller. Some have had the bit still spinning and when it lowered it drilled a hole in the plate. If yours is the same then glue a dime on top of the plate for the bit to touch on..

Ok, I will give that a try. In the meantime, I have attached a picture showing where the process stops every time. I notice that it pushes down on the metal plate and then immediately stops with the X Axis error. What is it supposed to be doing at this point? Perhaps if I knew that I could figure out what is wrong.

Thanks again!

David

fwharris
08-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Ok, I will give that a try. In the meantime, I have attached a picture showing where the process stops every time. I notice that it pushes down on the metal plate and then immediately stops with the X Axis error. What is it supposed to be doing at this point? Perhaps if I knew that I could figure out what is wrong.

Thanks again!

David

It is going through the process to verify the board thickness.

chief2007
08-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Take a look at the mpc again, try deleting the cut through and set it up again now that you have the proper board thickness.

Maybe attached your project for us to look over as well to see if we might find a problem

Digitalwoodshop
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Here is a Quick Check List from above....

Look at the Brass Roller Holder and "IS" there a Hole drilled through the plastic? IF YES... Glue a Dime on top of the Plastic.... AS your machine gets older and like my machine that had 1000 hours on the Cut Motor... The Bit was still spinning when at bit change it spun up then went to the keypad side and went down... IF it is still spinning it will do the "Drill Bit Thing".... Just the nature of the bit... SO if when the bit is moving after spin up, "I" had to open my clear cover and stop the movement in the Y and WAIT until the bit stopped spinning. When I installed a NEW CUT MOTOR replacing my "Loose as a GOOSE" Motor the problem STOPPED...

ARE you watching the Bit Plate Touch EVERY time... Sometimes the Z will hit a speed bump in the Rails or Cog Belt and get a false End of Bit reading and you see the result at the Thickness Check.

Board Thickness in Designer and Real Board should be the same....

A BAD FSC CABLE.... Pulses could be lost in a bad cable as the head moves in Y and finds a BAD Spot causing the error... in Z.

And I think the Firmware Lord did want you to place a dime on the RIGHT side Guide.... As in where your picture shows the bit touching....

This is a VERY WAG... Wild AL Guess... IF you head was NOT Level.... The measurement at the Bit Plate and at the Right side Guide could be out of tollerance.... IS your head level.... 3 ways to look.... Measure Sand Paper Belt to frame both sides.... Install a small block of wood with a strip of paper on each side of the belt and crank down on board and pull paper... IF paper pulls out of one side.. Could be HIGH.... and last but not least.... Install a WIDE board and crank down... Use Options and Sensor Data and Z Data and touch the board on the left and right and look at the LCD Readings.....

And possible Dirty Encoder on Z...

Let us know,

AL

dhauptman
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Thank you all for the help. I haven't had time to do the dime trick yet or check the other suggestions but I will be working on it tomorrow morning. I have attached the project. It is pretty simple...just a big "D".55647

Thanks again!
David

Old Salt
08-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Try cutting a old pattern that you know works , this will tell you if it,s the new mpc or if its a C/W problem.

dhauptman
08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Success! The "dime" trick did it. Thank you all for your support. This is a great forum. Now if I could just figure out the "Check Cut Motor" message that pops up every time the machine begins cutting... :-) I just push "Enter" and it keeps cutting so not a big deal.

Thanks again!

David

chief2007
08-30-2012, 12:51 PM

I used a ceiling fan weight with double side tape - works great but make sure it is below the rail.

fwharris
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Success! The "dime" trick did it. Thank you all for your support. This is a great forum. Now if I could just figure out the "Check Cut Motor" message that pops up every time the machine begins cutting... :-) I just push "Enter" and it keeps cutting so not a big deal.

Thanks again!

David

Glad to hear that was the fix!! Check Cut motor, betting you get it when doing a carve with the V bits... common error, just make sure your cut motor brushes are good. Recommended to be changed out around 250 cut hours..