PDA

View Full Version : A somewhat strange request!

Ike
08-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Lol my website seems to get me an order every month or so! I just glued up a sign blank for a customer who wants 2 logs with a fire. Basically a campfire, on the logs will have their names, first, last and the upcoming date they will be married. I planned on hand routing the sign, unless I can get a good pattern?

So I am asking does anyone have a campfire pattern that names can be carved on the 2 logs? I made this one, but it just not right!

Ike

gsdsj
08-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Ike have a png of a fire stacked like a Teepe, could make a pattern and send it to you but the internet is real slow here at the Susanville RV Park! Greg

eelamb
08-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Ike, what about this one. it is 8x12x.5 or sized larger.

Ike
08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Greg you are at the Susanville RV Park?!!! Which one the one in Standish or in town near the fair grounds?

Ike
08-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Eddie I will give it a try after dinner! Thank you so much!!!

Rick

gsdsj
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Near the fairgrounds

Ike
08-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Well I need it 14" wide by 24" long and it will be cut out in the shape of the campfire. Hmm I will hand draw the campfire and hand rout the sign! I appreciate the help, I was having the same problem with the ptn I made the length was too small!

Again thanks, I will make the sign tomorrow the blank is dry, but I like to keep it clamped over night. I will post the finished product!

Ike

Ike
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Near the fairgrounds

Wow well welcome to Susanville!! How long are you staying? You are more then welcome to come visit!

Ike

gsdsj
08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Changed our route back from oregon, just got here and leaving first thing in the a.m. If I knew about the change sooner I would gotten a hold of you!

Ike
08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Well darn!!! It would have been nice to meet you! Plus you could have stayed at my house rather then the park! I have more then enough room plus electricity and even sewer if needed! Oh well maybe next time! Plus pretty quick internet! Shoot I have a guest bedroom you could have stayed in!!!!

Rick

gsdsj
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the offer, maybe next time!

Here's a different fire.

Ike
08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks Greg, but the customer wanted 2 logs and the shape of the sign to be a 2 log campfire! I thought maybe I could get a ptn, but I am glad I hand rout also so no big deal! Well I hope your stay is good! At least the smoke is almost gone and the skies are clear. I see to the west it is still smokey, but not bad. It has been really bad especially this time of day. The smoke was like fog and so bad, ash was falling and you could not stay outside for any time.

Thanks again Eddie I appreciate the ptn!

Ike